Monday, July 28, 2008

Thank You Lord For You Blessings on Me.



A few years back when I was doing the card ministry, I woke up one morning with the words "food on my table and shoes on my feet" going through my mind. My husband said it was a song. In fact we found two songs with these words. The following song was the one I felt God was giving me to use on a card. The other song I will share later. God always gave me something, maybe only a few words like this one or I would see something in an email and would feel the Holy Spirit directing me to use it in a card.


Thank You Lord, For Your Blessings On Me

As the world looks upon me, as I struggle along
They say I have nothing, but they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing, how I wish they could see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

Chorus

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

Now I know I'm not wealthy, and these clothes , they're not new
I don't have much money, but Lord I have you
And to me that's all that matters, though the world cannot see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

Repeat Chorus, then:

Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me .

Written by the father of the Easter Brothers

17 comments:

Nicole said...

AliceE,

Thank you for your reminder about faith as small as a mustard seed. You have mentioned your health issues through the years a couple times. If you feel lead I would love to hear your testimony regarding God's faithfulness to you, and what you had to bear during those times. I know you are now still recovering from your back surgery. I will pray for you, dear friend in Christ!

Thanks for your love and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

Godspeed,
Nicole

Sharon said...

OOOH wow how beautiful.
I can truly believe that he worked a miracle on you. And I'm still waiting to here all of your testimony on it.
When I hear this it just builds by belief and I will continue to pray for you everyday.

You are a strong and awesome lady, and I so love reading your blogs.
Huggs & Blessings
Sharon

Shirley Mary said...

Love the poem! Also the picture. Oh, how we need our nation to look to God with "in God we trust" on the lips of every Ameican! That will not come without a mighty revival!

I will try to post the award in a few more days.

mary

GOD'S LADIE said...

Love the poem! If we can just Praise GOD for the simple and what seems like the "little" things in life! Would love to hear your testimony when GOD leads you to reveal it. I appreciate your prayers and encouragement. I pray as well for your healing in Jesus' name.

Be blessed,
LaTonya

debrah said...

Hi Alice- great post- a nice reminder to be content in all our circumstances...to always give thanks to God from whom all blessings flow...
Have a blessed week
In His Love,
Debrah

Joyfulsister said...

Oh Alice
I do love this song, When I first heard it I was so blessed I sang it all week *smile*. It truly ministered to my heart today. I remember when we were going through a struggle financially as a young married couple with little ones. We never worried because knew God would make a way. One morning we heard a knock on our door and when I went to answer it no one was there, but I looked down and there wre bags and bags of groceries and pampers and all kinds of blessings, and in an envelope was some money, We never found out who blessed us, but we knew the Lord had his hand in it all. So when this song is played or being sung I still get teary eyed thinking of his Goodness and provisions and I just begin to thank him once again even after all these years. Thanks for letting me share. Hugz Lorie

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Alice
You come up with such neat things. God has given you a sweet love for his words of kindness and encouragement. And I know we all need to be grateful.
Loves,
Lynn

Technonana said...

This song reminds me of my grandmother... no I never heard it before, but it was her sentiments exactly... God blessed us with a home,with food on the table, and clothes on our backs... I know that she had seen 'lean years' and my growing up years were much better than my mother's growing up years...
We had the love of a large family, and God's love... and that's all you need.

Anonymous said...

AliceE,
Thank you for your kind words on my blog. We women need other women in our lives for encouragement and sometimes just to "vent" to. My husband is my best friend but it is not the same as what you share with another woman. I know that God is preparing me for some new friendships in the future. I will wait on him and enjoy my "bloggy" friends for now.

I am so sorry that you have faced so many health issues in the past. God has and is using you with gift of encouragement. I really enjoy your blog and the music that you post!!

Have a great day!

Technonana said...

AliceE, I will gladly share anything I have with you!!! Thank you for blessing me with your visit!! I praise God for precious people like you!!!

Technonana said...

I will ask my computer-nerd son-in-law why he thinks it won't work, I'll get back to you!!

Technonana said...

Email me..@technonana@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice!

I posted my six random things, but didn't know who to tag. I didn't feel comfortable tagging women I'm not very familiar with. Sorry for breaking the 'chain'. Thanks for the tag though...I needed something like that from someone.

God bless you!

Dale

Anonymous said...

I just read your comment. I guess I should've checked first. :) Anyway, you have no idea how much I appreciate what you wrote. I like that I can get to know you and some of the other sisters through our blogs and postings. God knew the purposes for Rachel Olsen's Bible study.

It seems we all have our moments and reasons for complaining. But you're right; God is good. He's always faithful and true to His word.

Bless you for the tag!

Dale

debrah said...

Saw your post on Rachel's blog and I am keeping your daughter and her family in prayer. Thank you for your kind words and for sharing the words of your former Pastor.
In His Love,
Debrah

Anonymous said...

Hello Alice...

First, know that I'm prayiyng for your daughter. Please keep us posted of the situation.

Second, I put up the link that will lead you to the video I'd mentioned in my previous post. Hope it works for you. :)

Dale

Shirley Mary said...

I also read on Rachel's blog your prayer request for your daughter and family. I join the others in prayer for them and also that God will give you and your husband wisdom in knowing just how much financial help to give. This can be very difficult to know.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors