Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday - January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey 

Today is Thankful Thursday hosted by Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey. If you would like to join in, click on the link above and go to Sonya's blog for directions.

I have not posted on Thankful Thursday for a while, but something happened to me this week that I feel God wants me to share with others. First I want to say how thankful I am to have been raised to know Jesus as my Savior and as I get older I have learned more and more about how wonderful it is to have a loving God who sent His son to die on a cross that I might have eternal life. If you are reading this post and don't know Jesus I ask you to allow Jesus to come into your heart so you can have eternal life also. There's a button on my right sidebar at the top that says Click this Button to find peace with God.

On Tuesday morning about 3 am I apparently got up to go to the bathroom and on my way back to our bedroom (I do not remember any of this, I apparently was sleepwalking) and suddenly I felt myself falling and hitting probably my recliner, then I remember hitting my head real hard against our dresser. When I stopped falling my head was hurting on the left side, not much but enough to be uncomfortable. My husband woke up and thought a picture had fallen and then he saw me. I was on the floor between my recliner and his rocking chair and under a Tablemate that we share. I got up and laid in the recliner until about 7:30 am. After eating and taking some Tylenol the headache went away. I only have one bruise that I can find and a skinned place on my left leg about 1/4 " long.

Today is the third day and when I got up this morning I was hurting in my back, hips and knees but my medicine has helped. The thought that kept running through my mind after this happened was that God had his arms around me and was protecting me because I have no severe problems from the fall that I know of. Coming out of the bathroom you can either go downstairs or into our bedroom. I give God all the glory, honor and praise for guiding me when I could not help myself. If any of you have read My Story, a heart button on the left sidebar, you know that I have a rod in my neck, a shunt on the right side of my head and 3 rods in my back and God spared my life at least twice.

Psalms 91:1 says "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in Him will I trust."

I'm so glad that my trust is in my Heavenly Father.


Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."



11 comments:

Mar said...

How wonderful that you have that assurance of God being ever near. It is no small thing to be able to look back and KNOW that He kept you in the palm of His hand. I have recently had a similar situation. I have artificial knees and feel very vulnerable to falls. The Lord knows how much I depend on Him to go before me, with me and behind me. He meets our every need!

Mrs. Miller said...

Praise God!
Thank you for sharing, Friend.

Nana Jul said...

Praise God for His protection..even when we are unaware! Thank you Jesus for protecting Alice. Lord touch and heal her body, and continue to walk with her every day! To you Lord we give Glory and honor and praise! In Jesus name.
Amen.
Julie

Edie said...

Oh my goodness Alice I'm so glad you're okay and that God was protecting you. I'm amazed at all you have been through.

Love you!

achildoftheking said...

Praise God indeed! I'm glad to know that God guided you safely from tragedy.

Sharon said...

He will never leave you nor forsake you my friend, He has his hands on you!
What a thankful day!!

Leaon Mary said...

I'm so thankful you are okay Alice. How are you feeling this evening?

My heart is overjoyed that the Lord is urging you to share Him in your post today so others can be saved.
You are a true inspiration.
HOLYKISSES MY SPECIAL ALICE IN WONDERLAND.

Debra said...

Thank God you are ok! Isn't it wonderful how He spares us from our own folly sometimes, or from certain disaster?
Please take care-will be praying for you .
Love, Debra

Edie said...

I hope you're feeling better Alice.

On Purpose said...

I hope that the pain is less. I to am praising God you are okay! Thanking our God for watching over you! Amen

Chelle said...

Thank you for sharing your story. God is good! Glad He always watches over you, and for His angels who catch us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors