Nicole tagged me yesterday. I now get to tell you, my blogging friends, six random things about myself. This should be fun and help us get to know one another better.
You all need to visit Nicole (click on her name) to view her blog. She is a lovely young lady who has been through alot but loves God with all her heart. She is married and she and her husband have just bought themselves bikes to go riding together. You will be blessed by her writings.
Here are the tag rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Rule 3: Six random things about me.
1. I started wearing glasses when I was in the 2nd grade. They were made of wire and were round - horrible looking.
2. I took piano lessons for 8 years but my last teacher let me go because she did not think I was interested in learning. She liked classical music, I didn't.
3. My first real job was at a hospital as a secretary in the x-ray department. One of the girls who was in training was the person who was responsible for my meeting my husband. She was a friend of now one of my sister-in-laws. She was also in our wedding.
4. One of my best friends at the church we attended was the piano player for the church. She played beautifully - by ear. When she had her last baby I was the only person in the church that could play the piano so I filled in for her. The only problem was, the choir had to sing only the songs I could play. Bummer.
5. My mother, the oldest of 13, was born in Wilkes County. My great grandmother was pregnant with her youngest and my grandmother was pregnant with her oldest, (my mother). My grandmother walked across the mountain (sorry, I don't know how far it was) to see her new baby sister who was born on October 23, 1905. While she was there she gave birth on the 25th to my mother. The story I've always heard was that my mother was placed in the cradle with her aunt (my great Aunt Alice) and they were both rocked in that cradle. They were always very close and when I was born, my mother named me after my great aunt.
6. When I was 20 another one of my best friends had joined the Air Force. I went on a bus to Egland Air Force base in Florida to meet her. (My first trip ever by myself). From there she and I went to Miami, boarded a plane to Nassau in the Bahamas to visit a previous pastor and his wife who were working in a church there. We flew back to Miami and took a train to Ft. Lauderdale to visit a friend who lived there and from there we took a train home. I was so glad to get back home safely.
Here are my six tag-ees: (Click on their name to go to their blog)
1. Plant Lady who loves God, loves planting (flowers, veggies, gourds, etc) and is very good at telling stories about her life with Mr. Plant Lady and recently giving her View from Her Window.
2. Lynn who is a great inspiration and has been very supportive of me. She actually has two blogs.
3. Joyfulsister(Lori) whom I am just getting to know. She writes a lot of poems, songs and she and her husband have a music ministry. She shares a lot of this on her blog and I'm sure you will enjoy visiting her and she will make you feel right at home.
4. Debrah is another blogger whom I'm just getting to know. She has a wonderful blog about her prayer ministry.
5. ising4him(Dale), another new blogger who has some health problems but a wonderful outlook on life.
6. nothingcanseparateme(Kim), another new blogger who has visited my blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about her and all the new ones I've listed.
Everyone in the Bible Study has become very dear to my heart, so I had a hard time choosing also. I would love to hear from any one else the six random things about you, so feel free to leave your answers under my comments.
God bless all of you and thanks for being a part of my life.
AliceE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Click 

9 comments:
Hi thank you for thinking of me...
I do not know how to link others on my blog...as you can tell my blog is a no frills type of blog...perhaps when the temps are a bit cooler - I will want to spend some time getting to know how to do all the cool things I see on other blogs...also I probably would've tag the same people as you so fer now I'll just share with you 6 things about me...
#1- I was born again January 31, 1986
#2- A few months ago I left the church I had attended for over 6 years. I am still leaning on the Lord to show me how to work through this.
#3- My heart wants to serve the persecuted church - I am not sure in what capacity - just following as the Lord leads me.
#4- I also have a burden on my heart for our nation to repent and return to serving God.
#5- Like others I also am experiencing a desert/wilderness...it seems like a long, long time but when I think about the 40 years wilderness experience well I guess it's not so long...and like them I confess that the whining and complaining I slip in and out of could be part responsible for what seems like a long time.
#6- Ugly but true I do not love others as I should...I am in prayer for the Lord to do a work in my heart...
Thank you so much for your encouragement both on your blog and your comments on the blogs of others...not only do I find encouragement from the words you leave on my blog but I am also encouraged by the comments you leave on the other blogs...
#6a...I sometimes go on and on and on...
Be Blessed
In His Love,
Debrah
AliceE,
Wow! I have never been tagged before in blogland. This is very cool!! Thank you Alice for choosing me as a "taggee". I am not sure if I will have 6 people to send this on too as I have not been blogging that long. Check back with me to see if I come up with them.
I had your blog music playing and my husband remarked on how peaceful it was.
Have a blessed day!!
Kim
Hello Alice,
Your site is brighter!
You ask how do I fit all this in, hmmm I don't My Lord helps me. :)
If it wasn't for him I know I couldn't do all this. You blew my mind though when you said you don't clean or cook. I had to take a big breath (hahaha) thinking to myself "not having to cook or clean" I was trying to imagine what I could do if I didn't have to clean & cook.. This is what I came up with....
1. I would go to a nursing home and all the women there I would paint there fingernails, I would sing to them, and make them smile, tell them how much I love them and that the Lord Loves them.
2. I would go to where I know the homeless hang out I would spread the word "Share the Gospel" with them we would sing and rejoice in our Lord.
3. I would be able to spend more time in the word!!!!!!
4. I would have more time to get ready for church on wednesdays & sundays, come up with new and exciting things. Maybe get ready to put a play on. soooo manny ideas.
5. I would have more time to dedicate to my Women's Ministry.
I can go on and on and on!!!
But for now I will go to work and work for 8 hours, I will come home Clean my big old house, I will do all the laundry, I will continue to MOW & WEEDEAT my yard, I will clean my swimming pool. And because my Lord is sooo good to me we will find time to get in the word everyday, and play we will play with our blog.. SOOOO don't you think I Have A AWESOME GOD!!
huggggs to you
Blessings
Sharon
hmmmm sounds like a may be coming up with something new for our blog.
Yes, Yes God is awesome. And he has something bigger, & greater for you. He Loves you no doubt about it. I wish I could afford to pay someone to clean for me, that would be awesome, I know I sure do get tired of doing it.
And for your husband he is "Awesome" You are so lucky! I wish my hubby would cook for me once in a while.
I am so glad you are here with us but mostly glad you are here with me, and we can share the word together.
You are special to me.
God Bless you
Sharon
Hi!
I was "tagged" by Plant Lady and I wouldn't have known how to link to other without your help!
Thanks soooooo much!
Things came to mind that I haven't thought about in years!
It was fun!
mary
AliceE,
My six random things about myself is up.
Just letting you know.
Plant Lady
Hi Alice..
Thank you for including me in the tag, Can you believe I got tagged four times all at once lol. I appreciate your kind words about my blog. Your blog is so heart warming and inviting just like you!
Hugz Lorie
Hi Alice.. Thanks for reminding me about the comments not being on lol. I did it so late last night and I made a mistake put Mary instead of Alice *sigh* Hugz Lorie
Alice
Thanks for your comments on my post. How you discribed yourself expecting from others - Yep thats me to the T. I am working on it. :)
Have a great day.
Loves,
Lynn
Post a Comment