Following is the recipe for the cake. Many other kinds of recipes were made with the pudding after that besides the cake. Some of you will be familiar with this I'm sure.
Pistachio Cake
1 box of Duncan Hines White Cake Mix
3 boxes of instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
1/2 cup crisco oil
(doesn't taste the same without this particular oil)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
5 eggs - add 1 at a time
Mix cake and pudding blending well with a fork or spoon
Make a hole in center of cake mix and pudding and add liquids
Blend by mixer on medium speed.
Add one egg at a time and blend well after each.
Bake at 350 degrees in a well greased floured tube pan
for approximately 1 hr. depening upon your oven
I usually bake it 55 minutes.
Frosting
1 box Pistachio Pudding mix
1/2 cup cold milk and blend well
Add a large container of Cool Whip and refrigerate
Frost cake before serving or after the cake is cooled
and frosting is cold.
You will note the green color comes from the Pistachio Pudding mix. I have made this cake several ways - in a tube pan, two layered and one year I made a green Bunny Cake. Would love to hear if you have heard of this recipe or not.





















Click 

11 comments:
No never heard of this cake, but sounds wonderful, i like pistachio
Have a blessed weekend
Sharon
Good Morning-
When we went shopping last week pudding was on sale- guess which flavor I purchased? I love pistachio so much that unfortunately it is all gone...now that you shared this recipe I will have to put pudding on my grocery list...Thank you for sharing this recipe.
In His Love,
Debrah
P.S. I need help...I would like to add playlist to my blog...I followed your link and went to play list and selected a song etc....and now I do not know how to add it to my blog...
Can you walk me through this????
thanks,
In His Love,
Debrah
Never heard of the recipe, but am anxious to try it. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
LaTonya
Hi Alice..
Thank you for your directions...no you are not feeding me too much info...when I put it on the sidebar -it sounded odd...then they multiplied on the sidebar...then I placed it on the bottom (my second of two choices) and I had to scroll down all the postings before I could hear any music...then I tried to change my layout...and that seemed to work for a few seconds and then it sounded odd and once again multiplied...so I went back to my orignal background and placed it as a post...until I can figure out what is going on with the multiplying...
As for the songs I just typed in the titles in their search...what I can not find is Find Us Faithful by Steve Green...
Again thanks for all your help...
I'll get the hang of this blogging thing some day.
Be Blessed,
Debrah
Good Morning...I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep...so I decided to give it one more try...I think I may have finally got it...but since it is early I don't want to turn my speakers on...Thank you so much for your help.
In His Love,
Debrah
Glad you liked the video. I'm so grateful to have been a part of that. I used to attend the Assemblies of God church. They had to move to another building that was not wheelchair accessible and I had to find a new church, the one I currently attend. But God knows all.
From reading Debrah's posts, it seems like you're the one ask for help with the blogs. Don't be surprised if you hear from me some time in the near future with a question of my own. :)
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Dale
I'm so glad you got the slideshow going... these things can be so frustrating at times...
I love your slideshow... looking at your precious family!!
Thanks for the b'day wishes!
Trial and error...that's how I've been learning. Your page just seems put together so effortlessly. I guess we'll learn together as we go. :)
I'm sorry you haven't been to church. I know exactly what that's like. At different times in my life, I've had to miss church for long periods of time for one reason or another...usually something physical. But that was when I learned to trust God most.
I'll keep you in prayer.
Have a great week, Alice.
God bless!
Dale
Hi Alice
I am thinking of having the pistachio cake as my birthday cake...
I also love your slide show and seeing your lovely family.
Alice,
I wanted to check in and see how your daughter and son-in-law are doing. I have been thinking about them and you and sent up a prayer the other day when you requested.
Nicole
Post a Comment