Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thank You for Giving to The Lord


Thank You for Giving to the Lord
Music & Lyrics by Ray Boltz

(This song is on my Playlist)

I dreamed I went to Heaven, you were there with me.
We walked upon the streets of gold beside the Crystal Sea.
We heard the angels singing, then someone called your name.
You turned and saw this young man, and he was smiling as he came.

He said, "Friend you may not know me now," and then he said, "But wait -
You used to teach my Sunday School, when I was only eight.
And every week you would say a prayer before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer, I asked Jesus in my heart."

Chorus
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am so glad you gave.

Then another man stood before you, he said, "Remember the time,
A missionary came to your church, His pictures made you cry.
You did have much money but you gave it anyway.
Jesus took that gift you gave, And that's why I'm in Heaven today."

Chorus
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am so glad you gave.

One by one they came, far as your eyes could see.
Each life somehow touch by your generosity.
Little things that you had done, sacrifices that you made,
They were unnoticed on this earth, In Heaven now proclaimed.

Chorus
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am so glad you gave.

And I know up in Heaven you're not supposed to cry,
But I am almost sure there were tears in your eyes
As Jesus took your hand and you stood before the Lord
He said, "My child look around you, Great is your reward."

Chorus
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am so glad you gave,
I am so glad you gave.

"....The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few.
"Therefore pray the Lord of the Harvest to send out
laborers in His harvest." Matthew 9:37-39

10 comments:

debrah said...

Hi Alice:

as I read through the lyrics I kept thinking about all those who you encouraged and continue to encourage...some of us who you have not seen...others who may be reading your post but never comment and yet others who having been blessed and encouraged by you turn around and they encourage and bless someone(s)...Thank you for touching my life and thank God from whom all good blessings flow.
In His Love,
Debrah

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Alice,
I love this song, and just think when we get to heaven there are going to be all those who made a differnce in our lives, and those who we have made a difference in their lives. Oh what a day of rejoicing there will be. I want to thank my first sunday school teacher when I was a little girl. I never got to tell her how much she left such an impact on my life, but when I see her again I will be able to say Thank you.

Hugz Lorie

Anonymous said...

Oh Alice, I love this song!! It always reminds me of those people in my life who have taught me about Jesus and lead me to him through their words & actions.

My husband and I just stopped teaching 3rd & 4th grade Sunday School after 7 years. I pray that we were able to plant seeds in that time that were honoring to HIM!!

Again, you encouraged me today!!
blessings,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I love that song, Alice. So many people have taught me about Jesus, from the time I was a little girl, and I'm so grateful for them.

I would now have to include you on the list--you helped me immensely a while back, and am forever indebted to you for it!

Praying for you!

♥Susan

Sharon said...

Loveee this song, we have sang this one a few times, I thank him everyday!!! Isn't he so awesome, and the things he does for us, and how so many of our friends have touched our lives or we have touched there's. And I cannot wait till the day, when I can Thank certain people for touching my life.
Be Blessed my sister
Sharon :)

Debra said...

I love it too...thank you for posting it.
Love, Debra

SKY4KAT said...

Hi Alice,
I wanted to drop by to see how you were doing and catch up a bit.
This is a wonderful song and brings tears of joy to my eyes when i hear it.
Thanks for writing out the words.
Katrina

Van said...

I love this song. It reminds me, when I am tempted to listen to the lies that I am not worthy, that the little job I had as a Sunday School teacher went a long way. Also the long long way your posts go as others read your words!

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Thanks for the update. We also have a family member in the hospital right now that had congestive heart failure on Thursday so Prayers for "Ralph" are appreciated. My Husbands first wife died from cancer, so we have always stayed close to that family along with mine and his. This was my husbands 1st Father-in-law. A lot of people don't understand staying close, but it they are part of our family.... Anyway Loves you you and yours.
Lynn

Leaon Mary said...

Hi
I found your blog through Debra, and you'd mentioned something about traveling through Tennessee.
My husband and I live in Arkansas and are thinking about taking a little getaway into Tennessee. Can you tell me some neat places you found traveling through? We've never been there, but I did send off for a free vacation guide.

Love the song Thank you for Giving to the Lord as well! Usually makes me cry; happy tears. My Angel Mother went home less than two years ago, and I know she'll be there waiting for me at the gate... and she too planted seeds in me...
Blessings to you!
Love and Blessings,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors