Oh The Glory of His Presence
Lyrics by Steven Fry
of Your presence
We Your temple
give You reverence
So arise to Your rest
and be blessed by our praise
as we glory in Your embrace
as Your presence now fills this place
When I awoke last Friday morning the words Arise came to my mind. I knew there were some other words but could not bring them together. My husband told me it was a song that he used to sing when leading worship songs. I wrote the words down but when I looked for them tonight I could not find them so I googled until I found them. In searching some more I found that the writer used II Chronicles 6:41 to back up "arise to your rest" which is taken from Solomon's prayer. 40 "Now, my God, I pray, let Your eyes open and let Your ears be attentive to the prayer made in this place. 41 "Now, therefore, Arise, O Lord God, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your strength. Let Your priests, O Lord God be clothed with salvation, And let Your saints rejoice in goodness." See (I Chron. 28:2) Some of this I took from an email Nancy Fry wrote after being questioned about some of the wording. "She felt we are encouraged to "enter into God's rest but that as we praise the Lord, He is blessed by that praise. He inhabits that praise; and maybe it's like when we get so excited we can't keep still maybe He just can't keep still anymore either. We ask Him to arise and join us in celebration of that place of rest that He is already in and we are entering into." Quotes by Nancy Fry.
The word, Arise, I do believe was from God, but whether this was just for me or someone else I don't know, but I felt impressed to put all of this here. My prayer is that we can all "arise to God's rest and feel His embrace and His presence especially now with so much uncertainty that is surrounding us. I do feel that I need to get closer to the Father and lift up our "land of the free" to Him.





















Click 

7 comments:
Hey Sis..
Please come over when *U* can I have 2 awards for *U*.
Hugz Lorie
Great Post,
I see you have been digging and researching, God Loves this from us. Yes, we need to pray more. And for our nation!
Have a Blessed Week
Sharon
A beautiful post thank you it was a blessing.
Hi Alice,
Great Post. Its been awhile since I've been able to visit everyone and say HI. Hope all is well I know your family has had struggles and I pray for them.
Hugs and Blessings,
Lynn
Great post! I feel so impressed to pray for our nation at this time also. We were founded on the principles of the Bible and oh how far we have come away from that. Another song that came to me the other day is by Carman called "God in America again." Praying with you my friend!!!
Love,
Nicole
Amen and Amen! I join you in praying for our nation. I also join lynn in keeping you and your family in prayer.
Be Blessed,
In His Love
Hello Friend!
We sing that song in my church. I love it-I always feel closer when we sing it.
Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I'm getting caught up though!
Love, Debra
Post a Comment