Friday, November 14, 2008

It's In The Valleys I Grow


Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.


My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victor was Satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
that it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank you for valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know,
The mountain tops are glorious
But, it's in the valleys I grow!

This poem was written by Jane Eggleston
Her son, Jeff, stated:
"She is a wonderful person, loves Jesus and
has been the best mother anyone could even ask for."
What a fitting tribute to any mother!



11 comments:

Edie said...

What a great reminder Alice. I hate being in the valleys but I do need to remember that is where I grow, and that is what I want.

Thank you for your very open comment on my blog too. I'm lifting you up in prayer. God must have put that desire there for you to ask Him. He will surely answer. Then I would love to hear how He works! :D

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Alice..
Beautiful poem!!!
The valleys sure is a place of growing, trusting, and believing.

Hugz Lorie

Technonana said...

Oh My Sweet Sister, THANK YOU!!!
It's wonderful to know that we have such great friends in the Lord, that when I hurt you are there for me!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN AND YOUR PRAYERS!!
In Him,
Sharon

Joyfulsister said...

HI Sis.. Thanks for your visit this Sunday morning and for always being such an encouragement to me my dear sweet sister. I hope yu are having a blessed day filled with JOy.

Hugz Lorie

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Hi my friend
Nice poem and I love your music. Hope all is well with you.
Have a nice night.
Love,
Lynn

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi there,
What a wonderful poem you have shared with us! I think this has been my first visit to your blog and I will most definitely be back again. I am very new to blogging and it just blesses my heart to find sisters in the Lord all over Blogland. Take care.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

No one wants to go through the "valleys" but when we look back over our shoulder there is always something He wanted us to learn and grow from!

Wonderful poem Alice!

have a blessed day,
Kim

Shanita Waters said...

Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings!
Shanita

Debra said...

Beautiful and good reminder for me.
Hope you are feeling well.
I think about you!
Love, Debra

Sharon said...

This was really nice, and what a great reminder. And I Thank him for the Valley's where I grow.
I pray you are having a blessed week. :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Alice,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. You had asked about Dr. Gary Chapman. He is a pastor, author, and travels extensively giving seminars on marriage. He is a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and holds several degrees.
His book, The Five Love Languages is a very popular book. He lives in Winston-Salem, North Carolina with his wife Karolyn and is pastor of Calvary Baptist Church. They have two children and grandchildren.

I hope this helps. Take care.

Blessings,
Sandi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors