Sunday, November 23, 2008

Joy of the Redeemed - Isaiah 35



The following is a devotion I recently reread from my Women's Devotional Bible(NIV) by Joni Eareckson Tada and felt impressed to share it with you. May God speak to your heart as you read her writing and if you are feeling like your in a dry desert then as she says "ask God to replace the endless stretch of your dry days with the living water."

Dreams
Author:
Joni Eareckson Tada

Key Verses Isaiah 35:3-4

I don't know much about interpreting dreams, but I do know that the Lord used a few weird and wonderful dreams in days gone by to reveal His plans for the future. Take the prophet Isaiah. He lay down one night and had a very strange dream. He found himself in the middle of a desert with nothing but sand stretching to the horizon. He felt depressed in the dream, just like the bleak landscape. He felt hungry and thirsty and very unsatisfied.

Just then, the dream took an exciting turn. Out of the sand pushed one small flower and then another. Soon grass sprouted and then trees loaded with fruit. Immediately upon awakening, Isaiah hurried to write down a fantastic description of the abundant paradise blooming and budding all around him.

You can read about this strage and exciting dream in Isaiah 35. It's a marvelous chapter for anyone with a fearful, faint heart because it talks about going from gloom to glory, from depression to ecstasy. The good news is that Isaiah forecasts this for all of God's people! So...

Is your spirit dried up like a parched desert? Has the joy and singing gone out of your life? Then ask God to replace the endless stretch of your dry days with the living water. Soon, out of the sand in your life, will push the beautiful rose of Sharon.

ADDITIONAL SCRIPTURE READINGS:
Psalm 40:1-3; Lamentations 3:19-26; Hosea 14:5-7; John 4:14



7 comments:

Sharon said...

Nope I am not in the that desert, Praise God, nor has my Joy in worshipping. But this is a beautiful post my friend!! really beautiful!!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, are you and your husband going to be with family??

With hearts filled with gratitude,
we thank You, Lord our God,
for gifting us with good friends.
We are grateful for all those persons in our lives
who have chosen us to be their friends
for truly this is a rich and sacred trust.

Be the sacrament of friendship,
we share our mutual journeys to you,
Sour of All Love and Life.
In sharing, we find our happiness expanded
and our sorrow lightened,
and, for this blessing, we are grateful.

We prayerfully rejoice
that Your Son, Jesus, has called each of us
from the position of servants
to the honor of being His friends.

Blessed are You, God of Unity,
for entering our lives through friendship.
Make us, we pray, worthy of such a gift
by being faithful but non-possessive,
be being loyal but honest
and by being ever grateful
for the gift of good friends.

Blessed are You, Lord
our God,who gifts us with
the joys of friendship

debrah said...

God Bless you Alice, always having a word that inspires, encourages, educates and draw us closer to God.
Have a blessed thanksgiving. Reading Rachels blog today was a good reminder of all that I have to be thankful for and then I visit you and my spirit is refreshed.
In His Love,
Debrah

Shanita Waters said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. I thank God that He has brought me out of my "dry place" but I will still hide this word in my heart because I never know when I may need it.

Blessings!
Shanita

Technonana said...

Isn't strange that we DO at times find ourselves in the state. But we know where to go to get "filled" and refreshed in His word.

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Alice,
Very nice post. Always an encouraging word. Have a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving.

Love,
Lynn

Connie said...

Hi Alice, Thanks for stopping by and nice to meet you. I am not in my dry place but have been there. Thanks for your encouraging words. Connie

Edie said...

What a beautiful post Alice. I really enjoyed this. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thanks for your kind words on my framed scripture too. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors