Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why Jesus is Better than Santa Claus




Why Jesus is Better Than Santa Claus

Santa lives at the North Pole...
JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh...
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year...
JESUS is an ever present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies...
JESUS supplies all your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited..
JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and
then enters your heart when invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa ...
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap...
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is
"Hi little boy (or girl,) what's your name?"...
JESUS knew our name before we did. Not only does
He know our name, He knows our address too.
He knows our history and future and
He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly...
JESUS has a heart full of love.

All Santa can offer is Ho Ho Ho...
JESUS offers health, help and hope.

Santa says "You better not cry"...
JESUS says, "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you."

Santa's little helpers make toys...
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts,
repairs broken homes and builds mansions.

Santa is a "jolly old elf"
JESUS is the King of Kings.

Santa may make you chuckle but...
JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree...
JESUS became our gift and died on a tree.

It's obvious there is really no comparison.
We need to remember WHO Christmas is all about.
We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas,
Jesus is still the reason for the season.

Yes, Jesus is better, he is even better than Santa Claus.
(Author Unknown)

Luke 2:10-11
10"Then the angel said to them, (shepherds)
Do not be afraid for behold, I bring you good tidings
of great joy which will be to all people."
11"For there is born to you this day in the city of David
a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."





9 comments:

Plant Lady said...

AliceE,

Thanks so much for checking on me. It is nice when someone notices you haven't posted for a while. It shows you care!

I've been very busy with the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and also crafting gourds for the two Christmas craft shows in my area. The birdhouses have been very popular as well as the decorative bowls I have been making from gourds.

When you get a chance, check out my latest post. I have finally imported the "after" photos from my digital camera. It's been a while since I did that, I have forgotten how! I've got to keep practicing or I will forget many of the things I have learned while blogging.

I'll talk with you again later.
Hope you are well.

Plant Lady

Edie said...

Amen! Amen! and Amen again!

I can think of several other things but this was an excellent start. Thank you Alice.

Unknown said...

I love you Alice..you are a gift for me and so many others!! I truly mean that. I wish I could have you in my house right now and talk to you. I am having such a hard time with this Christmas and all the Lord does is keep telling me to have Peace and I truly know what He means. Peace when everything around me is falling apart. Peace when I can go inward and dwell on His name..and Peace when my husband, who is so wrapped on himself and constantly is cursing me out because of his medication, peace through Jesus even when the man I love doesn't know why he is saying what he is saying. It may sound strange but I need that kind of peace. Mike is such a good guy but he is so wrapped in his own medication for his own pain that he doesn't see me! The Lord showed me that this morning and I have to work it through the Father..Thank you for saying that great statement about my art and Debra. I need to just be close to people right now. With all that I am going through I don't want a pitty potty party..I am so past that..I want what God wants and thats all that matters.

Alice I am praying for you with your eyes. May the Lord heal them even while waiting for a pair of glasses. I know because I just got my 3rd pair of contact due to increased pressure on my left eye, gloucoma they say to watch for..well there will be no such thing because the Lord is the same yesterday and today for both of us.

I truly love you and I wish you the best for the new year..but I'll bug you again before then :)

Love Donna

Anonymous said...

Alice,

YES Jesus is SOOOO much better than Santa Claus!!!!

Hope this finds you well!?!?

I am so behind in my responses...thank you so much for the friendship awards. I can tell that YOU are someone I would spend time with if we lived closer. You have a warm, genuine heart. Your encouragement means a lot to me.

blessings to you this day and this Christmas season!!

love,
Kim

debrah said...

Alice:

Amen and Amen! coming to your blog is such a place of joy, rest and encouragement. You are such a blessing.
In His Love,
Debrah

Joyfulsister said...

Amen Sistah!!
Luv this *smile*

Hugz Lorie

Debra said...

Alice,
Oh, this was wonderful and I wish the world would see it and believe it.I love you my friend.
Debra

MikeyAnn said...

Hi Alice,

I'm so glad I came across your blog! Your heart and spirit comes through and pours out rivers of living waters!

Thank you for the wonderful comments you wrote on my blog. :)

I look forward to visiting again!
Your new sister in Christ,
MikeyAnn

Edie said...

Hi Alice! In response to you comment on my Graphics Blog, yes I can adjust the widths of the post area and sidebar areas.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors