Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hot Chocolate Mix


My friend Edie has posted her receipe for Mocha so I thought I would post a receipe from a girl I worked with manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy years ago. My children always liked it. In fact my oldest daughter remembered it a couple years ago and asked if I still had it, which I do except it is not for Mocha it's for hot chocolate, but I'm sure you could probably put your favorite coffee in with it. As she stated you start with the right cup or mug so following are pictures of my favorite cups and mugs.

This mug is my latest and it came with a place setting for 12 from my oldest daughter and my husband for Christmas. Coffee tastes really good in this one. I probably use a different kind of coffee than anyone else. It's Cafe' Francis made by International General Foods (I think that's correct) or maybe it's General Foods International. In fact I had a cup of coffee in one of these just this afternoon, topped it with Reddi Whip and a dash of Ground Cinnamon. It was even better than the Cool Whip I had been using and has less fat.

This mug is The Forest Chapel by Thomas Kinkade. The scripture is "Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things... Isaiah 12:5. On the inside of the cup is a picture of the front door of the chapel and the scripture is "Glory and honour are in his presence..." I Chronicles 16:27. I used this one to drink my morning coffee untill I found a chip on the bottom so I put it in the back of my collection of Thomas Kinkade's mugs. I have five in all hanging on a wooden cup holder. I now use one of the other's for my morning coffee.

This cup is the one I usually use in the afternoons. All my cups have special meanings to me. This one was given to me by my husband's niece for Mother's Day or My Birthday last year. I'm at that age that sometimes you forget things. This particular niece has had a hard time all her life but after she accepted Jesus as her Savior she changed so much. She was with me after the last two surgeries I had. She is a certified Nursing Assistant and very patient and knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable. She was with me during my last surgery in 2007 when a nurse gave me a medication that makes me stop breathing. Had she not noticed that something was wrong, I would not be here writing this today. God has spared my life 4 times that I know of and I give Him all the praise and glory.

Okay, now for the receipe for "Hot Chocolate Mix".

1 box powdered milk (8 qt. size)
6 oz Coffee Mate (regular kind)
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Large can Nestles Quick (2 lb. can)


Mix ingredients together.
Use 3 heaping teaspoons per cup - add hot water

That's all folks. If you try it I hope you enjoy it.


8 comments:

Debra said...

Wow! I never thought of making it this way. It would be so nice to give it as a gift, with a special mug or two!
I love your mugs. I have attachments with mine too, so I know just how you feel. We should have a'show us your mug' day!
Love you, and thinking of you!
Debra

debrah said...

This is great! We are expecting it to snow tonight...so I now have to great recipes to sit back and look at the snow while sipping my mocha or Hot Cocoa...I also have some great books I want to get into...Wow I hope the weatherperson is right this time...because I am actually looking forward to snow...
In His Love,
Be Blessed,
Debrah

Sharon said...

Wow great mugssss I love the kincaid one so beautiful. That recipe sounds so yummiiiiieee.
I have already written the recipe down.. and will be sharing it with those I know that like hot chocolate.
Thanks for sharing,,,, oh yea I like the set of dishes you got for xmas, they are nice, actually those colors would go beautifully in my kitchen, I just painted my kitchen called "pumpkin butter" it's beautiful
Love ya Alice
Have a blessed and beautiful day
Sharon

Shanita Waters said...

Hi Alice!

I just wanted to stop by, say hello and let you know that I was thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Alice!

I LOVE mugs!! I don't know what it is...they just make me smile. I recently chipped one of my favorite ones and my heart "sank". Your's are really nice...I REALLY like the first one.

I am going to copy your recipe...We go through a lot of hot chocolate mix here especially in THIS cold weather we are having.

Great post...it gave me the "warm, fuzzies" :)

hugs,
Kim

Angela Baylis said...

Hi! I found you by clicking on someone else's blog. You had left such a sweet comment that I wanted to come over and check yours out. I am SO enjoying this song. "How Great Thou Art". Your blog is beautiful... Oh, and the Hot Chocolate sounds amazing! This song gives me the chills! Thanks for sharing it with me tonight!
Love,
Angie in Michigan

Edie said...

Well just look at you starting a mug trend now! LOL! :D

I'm so glad that God put you in a place with an observant nurse. I'm amazed when I look back at my life how many times He has actually saved me from disaster.

The receipe looks great! I know I can turn it into a mocha! ;)

I agree that Reddi Whip is better than Cool Whip, and it looks prettier too! :)

Oma aka Meme said...

thank you and you have a wonderful encouraging blog
bless your heart- hugs from Meme

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors