Valentine's Day With Jesus
Jesus does not send perfume
to linger in the air
Instead He sends salvation, sweet
To show how much He cares.
He doesn't bring me candy hearts
In boxes of delight
Instead He always lets me know
I'm precious in His sight.
He doesn't pass out pretty cards
Trimmed in shades of red
Instead He gave His life for me
His precious blood was shed.
He doesn't hand out fancy gifts
Like we would send to mother
Instead He sends a message clear
To always love each other.
He doesn't give me teddy bears
That whimper, "please be mine"
Instead He gave His heart to me
I wear it all the time.
He doesn't give me roses, pink
For all the world to see
Instead He gave eternal life
That's good enough for me.
to linger in the air
Instead He sends salvation, sweet
To show how much He cares.
He doesn't bring me candy hearts
In boxes of delight
Instead He always lets me know
I'm precious in His sight.
He doesn't pass out pretty cards
Trimmed in shades of red
Instead He gave His life for me
His precious blood was shed.
He doesn't hand out fancy gifts
Like we would send to mother
Instead He sends a message clear
To always love each other.
He doesn't give me teddy bears
That whimper, "please be mine"
Instead He gave His heart to me
I wear it all the time.
He doesn't give me roses, pink
For all the world to see
Instead He gave eternal life
That's good enough for me.























Click 

12 comments:
That is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing that. Happy Valentines to you, sweet Alice.
Love,
Nicole
God is Love. :)
Happy VaLovetines Day to you too Alice.
That was a great poem. Happy V day to you also. Big Hugs from me.
Hope you're doing well.
Love,
Lynn
What a beautiful poem Alice. Yes Eternal life "Only God can be properly and truly described as being eternal. He is the eternal "I AM." "I am he who was, who is and who is to come."
Who Loves us all!
He is my sweet of sweets!
Happy Valentines my friend
Have a blessed week
Sharon
Hi Alice,
That is beautiful!
When we really ponder .... totally stop to ponder what God did for us,... then we begin to grasp the height and depth of His love.
Holykisses,
Lea
Aw Alice, you are such an encourager. I just came by to say hi and the first thing I saw was your announcement. Thank you! Have a Wonderful Day my friend!!
Thanks for the Wonderful Valentine!!! Think I'll save it!!!
This song was my mom's favorite... I can just hear her singing it now.
Alice Thank you so much for your prayers! You are such an encourager and prayer warrior. I love your sites new look.
Hi Alice! Your hot cocoa mixes are so cute. I do have to make a correction, the little girl card was Lea's not mine. I just don't want to take credit for her work. I love how you decorated both of them. Have a Happy Valentines Day!
Ohmygosh,
You've been busy Alice!!!
I love what you've been making!
How awesome!!!
I hope you have a wonderful, WONDERFUL VALENTINES DAY! I'M SO happy and BLESSED to have met you!
from my heart to yours as well!
Holykisses,
Lea
Happy Valentines day my sweet sistah!!! What a beautiful poem. Thank you for keeping my hubby in prayer, He was in so much pain and could not walk, or even drive. He already had a bad back and this just added to it. It was affecting his nerves within his legs. I love your Jars they turned out so pretty!!!!
Luv Ya Lorie
I saw you at Edie's blog and I had to just hop over here to visit.
What a delight! You are a joy to read! I will be back.
I so loved the Valentine poem. Jesus is the Lover of my soul and HE is above all earthly loves.
HE is the best!
Blessings,
Teri
Post a Comment