Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pray For Our Country

It's time to come back. The week off was great, although I missed everyone. I did keep up with your posts and they were all great and very uplifting. All of you were in my prayers. Edie put a gadget at the end of my blog so I did some searching for something to put there. The scripture in the picture below caught my eye. With all the problems and turmoil not only in the US but overseas, I felt it was time to take this scripture literally and start praying for our country. The idea came to me that there might be some of you that would like to join me in praying according to this scripture. How or when or how often would be up to you. Daniel prayed 3 times a day, and that is what I'm going to try to do at least for the next 28 days. If you would like to join with me I have put the code below the picture so you could post it on your blog. If you would like to leave a comment that you are joining me, that would be great. I've thought and prayed about this all week and I've wondered just how many people we could get to join in praying for our country. God always keeps His promises, so I leave you with the following scripture "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, .... then... I will heal their land." May God bless each of you. I get excited just thinking about how far this will go. We may never know until we stand before the Father, but I long to hear those words, "..well done my good and faithful servant. (Matt. 25:21)





7 comments:

Edie said...

Hi Alice! Welcome back. It really does make a difference taking a break once in a while.

I pray for the nation pretty regularly but I have to confess I haven't been doing it every day. I will put your reminder gadget in my footer too. Thanks!

Technonana said...

Good Morning Alice!!! Thanks for the reminder that we need to seek the Lord on behalf of our nation!!! There are so many people in need now, my own daughter included!!! I will be adding the link to my blog!!!
Thanks!!
Sharon

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Welcome back... Not the same without you. Glad my scripture was a confirmation to you. I do and will pray continually.
Loves,
Lynn

Joyfulsister said...

Hey sis,
((((Hugz))) it's good to see you back I've missed *U*. I too am praying for the nation especially in these times of hardship with the economy and the job lay offs are really bad as well. What a an awesome journey of prayer I will be lifting you up in prayers as well my dear friend!!
Luv Ya Lorie

Sharon said...

Glad you are back, have missed you. Did you have a good time, anything new and exciting!? How is the family doing? I pray all is well.

I am praying for this country everyday!
God Bless America!!

So nice to see you posted, I am sorry I didn't see it at first, I don't get on, on the weekends much anymore, so many other things to do. Then others post and yours reaches the bottom again before I see it. I will look better next time
blessings to you my sister

Hugggss & Love
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,

Hope this finds you well...

Your encouragement means so much to me-you are a blessing from above.

hugs to you this day my friend,
Kim

debrah said...

Hi Alice:
We have also been praying for our nation and I would be honored to put your scripture banner on my blog.
I read your most recent post and I am praising God along side of you for His blessing your health. Thank you for all your encouragement.
Be blessed,
In His Love,
Debrah

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors