"For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness,
yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we
are weak in him, yet by God's power we
will live with him to serve you."
As I was reading Lea's post this morning, I realized that I truly want a closer walk with Jesus. Following are the words to the song "Just a Closer Walk With Thee". It should be playing on My Playlist.
Refrain
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be dear Lord, let it be.
Author Unknown
2 Corinthians 13:4 (The Open Bible)
As I was reading Lea's post this morning, I realized that I truly want a closer walk with Jesus. Following are the words to the song "Just a Closer Walk With Thee". It should be playing on My Playlist.
I am weak but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.
Refrain
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be dear Lord, let it be.
Author Unknown
What a great song, "Just a Closer Walk with Thee". It is my prayer that this song will lift you up and make you feel stronger knowing that Jesus is walking close by your side and drawing you closer to Him.
























Click 

12 comments:
Alice
It's Donna!! I know I haven't been on for a long time but I need you right now!! I'm going through a lot and I wrote a post for you to read. It's a long story but I need prayer. I love your postings Praise God for them. Without them I wouldn't have any inspiration. Please read mine when you can.
Love Donna
Hey Alice hope all is well with you and your family. I see that you have another blog. Looking forward to trying out some recipes. Thank for sharing another beautiful song with us. This is the song of our heart-Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it Jesus, is my plea...
In His Love,
Be Blessed,
Debrah
Good morning, Alice!
Had to stop by for my morning dose of "living water" that seems to bubble over on your blog. What a blessing. And YES! That closer walk is what many miss. For sure, Jesus is right with us all the time, but we dont all have fellowship with Him or seek that closer walk with HIM! And to me, that is what makes life "worth the living." I would much prefer a close relationship over a casual acquaintance, wouldnt you?
Yes this is a great reminder of how he never leaves us always by our side. I Love this song, brad and I sing it around the house.
I will sing it the rest of the day!
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful song :)
I pray all is well with the family, know that I am still praying for them and for you!
Sending lots of huggggsss your way!
Have a beautiful and blessed day :)
Alice I LOVE that song. It was one of my Mom's favorites and we always played albums on Saturdays while we were doing house work. So I've heard it so many times and it still is so endearing. Thanks for your friendship and encouragement, you always bring a smile to my face.
Have a great blessed day,
Love,
Lynn
I think we all want to walk closer with Him....isn't it awesome that we can?
what a beautiful post Miss Alice!!! I love the song but never paid close attention to all the words. They are beautiful! I want a closer walk with Him too. When I envision walkin with Him, it's like your BEST FRIEND and your walkin arms around each shoulder. INSEPARABLE!
GOD BLESS YOU SWEET ALICE.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY WITH YOUR
ABBA FATHER!
Holykisses
L
Hi Alice Thank you so much for your kind comments. For some time I have felt dry in my prayer life...others say the don't see it but admittedly they did not know me in CA. A few weeks ago I had the revelation that my reading of the Word is not what it used to be either. Then duh...I put together that reading the word enriches my prayer life, my thought life, my attitude life, my behavior life...reading the Word enriches my life.
Be Blessed,
In His Love,
Debrah
I loved this post :) Just a closer walk with thee is where I am right now :) also Because He lives! LOVE that song!
May God richly bless you
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Hello Alice, I will join you in praying for your desire of a closer walk...because its what I too desire. Thank you for love, support and encouragement. YOu are a beautiful woman of God. Keep going for His heart and I KNOW you will not be disappointed.
Thank Alice for visiting my blog. Yes Edie is a great designer. I enjoy your blog as well. It's very nice and open an 'clean', not cluttered, if you know what kind of sites I'm talking about.
I signed your guesbook and added myself as one of your followers. If you feel led, please do the same. I love meeting and befriending new friends in Christ's name.
May the good Lord bless you so! Love your photos on the side and your 'A scripture a day keeps the devil away.' That's a great graphic and quote! Love it!
Yours,
Sarah Cecilia
Hi Alice! Yes what a beautiful song that is. Thanks for reminding us of it- it's a long long time since I've heard it.
Post a Comment