Monday, April 20, 2009

A Tribute to a Very Dear Friend

The following video was on TV one night last week and it really blessed me. The quartet (The Isaacs) is very well known in Southern Gospel. The song they are singing, "It is Well With My Soul", has been around for a very long time. Until I watched this video I did not know how long or who had written it or why, but one of the lady's explains the details of this song.

One of my very dear friends went to be with the Savior last week. She was a very loving person. She loved God dearly and was a great encourager for a lot of people, one of which was me. She had a lot of health problems and one that came on very suddenly. The doctors gave her two months to live but it was only about 2 or 3 weeks. I talked with her the week after she came home from the hospital and she was at peace and told me that God was in control. When I heard this song I knew I had to post it as a tribute to her and the Christian life that she lived. You can go to My Playlist on the left sidebar and put it on pause so you can hear this.




12 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Alice,
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. I know you must miss her.
I've always loved this song and this evening I listened to it with all my heart in honor of your friend. I look forward to meeting her in heaven one day.

God bless you Alice,
Lea

Kelly L said...

So sorry for your loss. The friend is feeling pretty good right now..it's the ones left behind that feel the pain. God be with you in your time of sorrow.
Love,
kelly

http://www.amazingsalvation.com

Mar said...

Oh Alice, that was so beautiful and I can imagine how you feel, losing a dear friend and knowing that all truly is perfectly and eternally well with her soul now. Isnt it the most wonderful assurance? Thanks so much for sharing about your friend and this lovely music today. Made my day!

On Purpose said...

Alice you are true and genuine friend...a real gift to be treasured by all who get to call you their friend!

Sharon said...

I am sorry that you have lossed a dear friend.
Love,
Sharon

debrah said...

Alice I am sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful friend in the Lord. One of the many great things about being a Christian is that we have eternal friendships. God Bless you in all that you do. You are such an encourager and faithful friend.
Be Blessed,
In His Love,
Debrah

Debra said...

I'm sorry, too. It hurts to be left behind-but glory is hers now.
Love you,
Debra

Edie said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend Alice. She is in the arms of her Savior now and it is well with her soul.

I love this song.

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm doing well, just way too busy.

Love and blessings to you!

Andrea said...

Alice, I have noticed your comments on many of the sites I visit. I just dropped in to visit you, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, but her testimony lives on. The Issacs are truly an anointed group, and this classic hymn in very beautiful.

Thank you, thank you for your testimony and your love for the Lord. Many blessings.

In His Love,

Andrea

Technonana said...

Yes there is an amazing story behind this song!! This man had a very strong faith... oh to be able to sing these words in simular circumstances.
Praying for you in the loss of your sweet friend!

Edie said...

Just stopping by to say hi. Thanks so much for checking in on me like you've done. You're a good friend.

Rich blessings to you!!

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Alice So sorry to hear you lost a friend. Big hugs and Loves from Oregon for you.
xoxo
Lynn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors