Sunday, August 2, 2009

Who Am I?

The song "WHO AM I" was written by Rusty Goodman of the Happy Goodman Family. The words to this song really challenge me. It is being sung by The Gatlin brothers and Tanya Goodman Sykes. May it bless you as it has blessed me. Lyrics are below. You will want to turn my Playlist off which is located on the left sidebar.

Who Am I
Author, Rusty Goodman

When I think of how He came so far from glory
Came to dwell among the lowly such as I
To suffer shame and such disgrace
On Mount Calvary take my place
Then I ask myself this question
Who am I?

Who am I that The King would bleed and die for
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thine Lord
The answer I may never know
Why He ever loved me so
But to that old rugged cross He'd go
For who am I?

When I'm reminded of His words
I'll leave Him never
If you'll be true I'll give to you life forever
Oh I wonder what I could have done
To deserve God's only Son
To fight my battles until they're won
For who am I?

Who am I that The King would bleed and die for
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thine Lord
The answer I may never know
Why He ever loved me so
But to that old rugged cross He'd go
For who am I?
But to an old rugged cross He'd go for, who am I?

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

4 comments:

Kelly L said...

Beautiful!
Love,
Kelly

Alleluiabelle said...

My Sweet & Loving Alice,

This post is beautiful!

You bring me to happy tears with your comments, scriptures and prayers for myself and my husband. You are a faithfilled woman and I am so very happy that God brought us together.

I love you my dear friend.

Love, Hugs, Blessings & Prayers,
Alleluiabelle

Mar said...

Good morning Alice! That was a new song to me. Those Gaither programs are so inspirational and I never tire of watching them on TV or listening to the old songs. What a kind ministry Bill and Gloria Gaither have offered to use so many gospel singers over the years and honor them by sharing so many of their songs that still bless us today. Thanks for this post to brighten my Monday morning. Just the push I needed to get me going today ....

Samantha said...

Amen. Beautiful post !
Thanks for sharing, blessings to you dear friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors