Sunday, November 8, 2009

Where the Roses Never Fade

This song is in memory of my cousin, my parents and all those in my life who meant so much to me. I look forward to seeing them again. The lyrics are in a scroll beneath the video. Song is sung by Jimmy Swaggart



Where The Roses Never Fade

Words by Janie West Metzgar, 1929



I am going to a city,
Where the streets with gold are laid;
Where the tree of life is blooming
And the roses never fade.



Chorus



Here they bloom but for a season
Soon their beauty is decayed.
I am going to a city,
Where the roses never fade.



In this world we have our troubles,
Satan snares we must evade.
We'll be free from all temptations;
Where the roses never fade.



Loved ones gone to be with Jesus,
In their robes of white arrayed;
Now are waiting for my coming,
Where the roses never fade.



Chorus:



Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 comment:

Mar said...

Enjoyed reading your post this morning. Sorry I havent been around lately. Busy times and sometimes a bit stressful. But God is able and God is wonderfully willing to equip us for the journey. Love to you, dear friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors