Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday


Today is Word Filled Wednesday sponsored by Amydeanne at 160 Acrewoods. The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word through a photo and a verse! If you would like to join us for Word Filled Wednesday, simply click on the link above for directions. Our hostess this week will be at  http://the160acrewoods.com/ (Just click on her name). You will find Mr. Linky there to sign in. 


This picture I've used before but it's the only one I could find that I felt would go with the scripture I have chosen this week.  I realize that most people are using pictures that refer to the cross and resurrection of our Savior, but I found a verse that reminds me of what we have to look forward to because of Jesus' resurrection and His promise to return.  The older I get the more I think about His return and how soon it may be.

I Thessalonians 4:16-17
"For the Lord himself shall descend from
heaven with a shout, with the voice of the
archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be
caught up together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

I love Easter and knowing how much my Savior did for all of us when He went to the cross and gave His life for our sins.  All we have to do is ask His forgiveness of our sins and invite Him into our hearts and serve Him so we can have not only eternal life but healing for our bodies.  He asks for so little from us.


Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

10 comments:

Special K said...

Great reminder of a miraculous and blessed event...one I am looking forward to! :)

Thankful for the free gift of salvation! :)

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Lisa said...

Beautiful scripture and the photo that goes along with it. I hope you're feeling well.

Hugs,
Lisa

Cathy said...

Beautiful and powerful Words ~ thank you. I'm glad you are feeling better. Blessings ~

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing this. With all that is going on in the world I think of it more and more. I am so glad you are doing a little bit better, I trust the Lord will continue your healing process. Have a wonderful Easter!!!

Anonymous said...

Praising Him for His free gift of salvation... looking forward to hearing His shout!
Hugs & Prayers, HL

Alleluiabelle said...

I love you beautiful one. The picture is beautiful and the Scripture even more so.

Your loving and endearing heart is as fresh as a brightly colored flower...blossomed to it's vibrancy in color and it never ever fades...it gets bigger and bigger, brighter and brighter!

I love your heart for the Lord and for His people.

My prayers are being said for you sweet Alice. They always will be.

Many Many Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Nic said...

I love the clarity of the sky and the striking contrast of the rays of the sun (Son)! Ever since my daughter was young I told her that the rays of the sun was God's way of reaching down to us to say "Hi! I'm here".

I can't wait to fly up to the clouds with the believers and meet Him in the air. :-)

Have a blessed Easter!

Anonymous said...

Perfectly beautiful. I also look forward to His return--watching with curious anticipation. The closest I can describe it, and of course it doesn't come close, is like a child on Christmas Eve. I can't wait.

Thanks for sharing.
Easter blessings!

Karen said...

Amen...beautiful picture and a blessed scripture promise....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors