Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Family of God and the Homecoming Crew

The lines of this song, The Family of God written by Gloria and William J. Gaither, has been running through my mind all week.  I truly believe that as Christians we are a part of the family of God.  I love hearing how songs are written and the story of how this song was written is being told in the following video.  I will also put the lyrics below.  It's an amazing song and I'm so glad to be a part of blogland's family of God. 


II Corinthians 6:16,18
"And God said, I will dwell in them...and they
shall be My people;...and ye shall be My sons
and daughters."

Lyrics The Family of God
Chorus
I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God -
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family, the family of God.
Verse 1
You will notice we say "brother and sister" 'round here -
It's because we're a family and these folks are so near;
When one has a heartache we all share the tears,
And re joice in each victory in this family so dear.
Verse 2
From the door of an orphanage to the house of the King -
No longer an outcast, a new song I sing;
From rags unto riches, from the weak to the strong.
I'm not worthy to be here, but, praise God, I belong.

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

4 comments:

Denise said...

I like this song.

Anonymous said...

Alice,

This was so sweet. I'm glad we're part of that same family. And I can just imagine all the 'relatives' we'll meet when we get to heaven! Thanks for sharing that story.

Dale

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful as always, Alice.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of the family from your church. I will keep them in my prayers.

Also want to mention that I agree 100% with the comment you left me about each of us having different gifts and in no way did I mean to undermine those who use videos for their posts. I use them too. :) I love it. My point was that I was missing MY writing but that none of it meant anything without abiding. The abiding was the key I wanted to stress.

Have a lovely Sunday--what's left of it.

Karen said...

I remember our singing this song in our small church sanctuary in Georgia. I love the message of the lyrics.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors