Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In All Things Give Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support during the past weekend.  We went to the visitation for our dear friends and their granddaughter which was held at our church.  There must have been more than a thousand people who came, at least we were able to sit in the pews.  We did not go to the funeral because the church would not have held all that attended.  I understand a DVD was made of the service so I hope to get a copy.

My dear friends I'm here to tell you how wonderful, loving, and supportive our God is.
We got a call last night about 8 p.m. from my youngest daughter who lives about 20 minutes from us.  Our grandson who just recently got his liscence (17 yrs. old) was almost home when he ran off the road, tried to keep the car straight but when he turned to get back on the road the card flipped and rolled about 450 ft.  He ended up in the back seat and just rolled himself into a ball and prayed.  When the car stopped he got out and someone had called the paramedics and his Dad saw him and jumped over something trying to get to him.  My daughter said our grandson was talking and knew his name.  When we walked into the room he was in his face had a lot of cuts and a lot of tiny pieces of glass all over his face, head and neck. I can't describe all that I saw on his face.  He had to have one stitch near his eye and one near his foot.  Of course we immediately prayed with him.  When the nurses got him all cleaned up he walked out of that hospital on his owm.  My daughter said if we had seen the car you would have thought he couldn't possibly have survived, but God in His infinite mercy and love protected him.  What a mighty God we serve. 

Today he is really sore but we are all just praising God for the miracle of his life.  My grandson loves God so much, plays lead quitar in the youth praise band at his church and has even taught himself to play the piano.  He has one in his room.  He wanted one for his birthday and of course my husband gave him one (since he was getting ready to close his store anyway). 

"Thank you Father for your love and protection for my grandson and my whole family.  I could not get through one day without you.  I love you with all of my heart."  Praise His holy name. Amen, Amen and Amen. 


Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

7 comments:

Alleluiabelle said...

I love you my dear dear friend. Yes, what an awesome God we have!!

I am so happy that he delivered your grandson from harms way. That truly is a miracle.

All praise, honor and glory to you oh Lord today and every day. Thank you for your never-ending love, grace, tender mercies and so much more.

Big hugs to you sweet Alice. Again, I love you so much.

Peace,
Alleluiabelle

Denise said...

Praising God with you sweetie for watching over your precious grandson.

Karen said...

Praising the Lord for His protective covering over your grandson...He is so good....

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Alice, I join you in thanking our Father for His love and protection over your grandson. Praise His name. This is an amazing testimony for all of you and I pray that your grandson will always remember it and bless many others with it.

I also read your comment about your friends' service and I am still praying for them throughout all these difficult days.

I'm glad to see you back online. Love and blessings.

Plant Lady said...

Alice,

I am so glad your grandson wasn't seriously injured! God is truly our Shield and Protection.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Blessings
Plant Lady

Edie said...

Oh Alice I was just catching up on your blog. I'm so sorry about your friends that died in a plane crash. I'm glad your grandson is okay and doing well. God is amazing.

Have missed you my friend. The job is going well but I don't get much opportunity for blogging these days.

Love you!

Leaon Mary said...

Ohmygoodness Alice! I too am catching up on your blog and hadn't heard about this. I'm so thankful to God with you. My thoughts and prayers have been with you dear friend.
Love ya,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors