Friday, July 16, 2010

A Tribute to My Dear Friends

This is a post that is so hard to do.  Two very dear friends of ours and one granddaughter died Wednesday night in a tragic plane crash.  They had just recently celebrated their 30th Anniversary.  They have been members of our church for about 30 years.  We shared Bible studies, retreats and many other things.  We will miss them very much but they have crossed over to the other side and I know that one day we will see them again.  Please pray for their two daughters (especially the mother who also lost a daughter) and all of the members of the family and our church family.  The receiving of friends will be Sunday 5-8pm at our church and the funeral on Monday at 2pm.  Thanks to all of you who have become so dear to me for your prayers. 

The following verse is a description of these dear people. 

2 Timothy 4:7-8
7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8  Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord
the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only
but also to all who have loved His appearing."





Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."



11 comments:

Angela said...

One Heart shared on my Fearless Friday post for all of us to gather around and pray for this family...for you also,,for your Church family..everyone that these people have touched..and also now touching us...Please know I will be praying...((hugs))

Cindy Adkins said...

Alice,
The entire family is in my prayers as are you...I hope you can link this story up so that more people can pray for them...You are such a dear, sweet person...it is a joy to know you!
Hugs & Blessings,
Cindy

Denise said...

Dear, I am truly sorry for your loss. I will be praying for everyone concerned.

Lisa said...

Praying dear friend...<3

Leaon Mary said...

Oh Alice I'm so sorry. I too am praying for you all. My sincere sympathy.
Love you
Lea

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Praying my blogfriend!

Alleluiabelle said...

My Sweet Friend,

I am so very sorry for such a tragic loss. My prayers are with this family and you.

I love you.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Karen said...

My deepest sympathy for this family's loss...will be praying for all....

Anonymous said...

You know that I'm praying, Alice. I will be there in spirit tomorrow praying that God is very evident and close to those broken hearts during the gathering in your church as on Monday during the funeral. Thank you for sharing this tribute. You are such a special friend.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

My dear Alice, I will be lifting up this family to the Lord in prayer. Our Heavenly Father, give this family the courage to carry on and the peace and comfort in knowing that someday their loved ones will be reunited with them again. Father God my heart goes out to Alice and her family as they comfort one another. Sometimes Lord we don't know why or understand why such tragic things happen too our dear friends and loved one, but we do know that You are in complete control and that You will get us through the dark valleys in life. I pray this all in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen.

God's blessings to you Alice and to your friends’ family. Lloyd

nannykim said...

Praying for all concerned. It is always so hard for those left behind when death comes suddenly and unexpectedly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors