Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Free

Following is a song my husband use to sing with the gospel quartet we traveled with when our girls were young. I used this on my blog in 2009 and it just popped into my mind again.  It blesses me not because I was a really bad person but because it doesn't matter to Jesus what we've done or not done, He still loves us all and sets us free from sin and gives us a new life here on earth and the promise of an eternal home in Heaven. I felt impressed by my Heavenly Father to post it again.  I pray it will bless you as much as it has me.  Be sure to turn off my Playlist located on the left sidebar.



I’m Free
Lyrics by Lynda Randle

So long, I searched for life's meaning-
enslaved by the world and my greed-
Then the door of my prison was opened by love-
for the ransom was paid-
I was free!

I'm free from the fear of tomorrow-
I'm free from the guilt of my past-Woooh!
I've traded my shackles for a glorious song-
I'm free- Praise the Lord, free at last!

I am free from the guilt that I carried-
from the dull empty life- I'm set free-
For when I met Jesus he made me complete,
he forgot the foolish child I used to be-

I'm free from the fear of tomorrow,
I'm free from the guilt of my past-Oh oh! 

I traded my shackles for a glorious song-
I'm free! Praise the Lord, free at last!

OOOH! I've traded my shackles for a glorious song!
I'm free, Praise the Lord free at last!!

"For God  so loved the world that He
gave His only begotten Son;
that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have everlasting life."
John 3:16


Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."



4 comments:

Denise said...

Powerful......... Yes we are free indeed....... My life was a disaster and even after being born again it took HIM some years to straighten me out..... HE is patient.. HE works from the inside out..... People look to see if we have changed... HE looks at the heart...... We are blessed by HIM.........

Have a wonderful weekend..

Anonymous said...

Praise His name!! We're free! Thanks for sharing, Alice. Blessings to you.

Debra said...

Thank you so much for the reminder-I needed it...
Love, Debra

Leaon Mary said...

Oh Alice I LOVE this song too.
I've been trying to catch up with everyone tonight and this is the second time I've read about being being free. :)

How are things going with you this week?
wb when U get a chance.
Do you know I think I still have your email addy wrong. Can you write me back with it?
L

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors