Sunday, May 8, 2011


Today is SUPER "SON" Sunday! at Peggy's aMazing Grace... Mazes, Messes, Miracles. It's simple, just share a scene, song or scripture (any combination) and keep it simple! Then visit the others that have linked up anytime during the week after being STILL on Sunday and worshiping the Son. The point is to do this and leave Sunday for God. You do not have to put the button or mention SUPER SUNDAY, but it does make it easier to find you. (Be sure to turn my Playlist off which is located on the left sidebar.)

My mother was a very unique person.  I'm so glad to have been blessed with her as she took me to church and taught me about Jesus.   Of course we did have some differences but I loved her very much.  When I was growing up I always saved my money to buy her presents on special days.  I've told this many times I'm sure but I use to hear her pray every morning before she went to work and when she was ready she would start singing (or try, like me she could not carry a tune) Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine.  I always compared her to Paul.  At 89 in 1994 she had run her race and finished her course and went home to be with Jesus.  She was my Dad's Bible, as he could not read, and I'm sure she had an impact on him becoming a Christian. The Lord showed me three times that my Dad was ready to go and he left in 1989 at the age of 83.

I remember the poem below when I was growing up.  Hope you enjoy it and have a Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your time with Jesus today.
M - O - T - H - E - R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell
"MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.
Howard Johnson (c. 1915)

In the event you've never heard this poem
sung I found the following video, (it also has some verses I have never heard).
 Hope you enjoy it.



Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Alice and Happy Mother's day!

What absolutely beautiful words and the acrostic of MOTHER is perfect!
Beautiful words to honor both your mother and father! Thank you for sharing your treasures with us! You are a treasure and blessing! Praying this day finds you happy and filled with JOY and God's LOVE! You fit each one of these letters!

Happy MOTHER's Day!

Love and hug,
Peggy
*prayers too!
I came here earlier to link you up so I'm so glad that you added this!

Karen said...

What a wonderful legacy your mom left you, Alice...you are a blessed daughter, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors