Faith Focus
Today is Friday Feature at Peggy's - aMazing Grace,,,Mazes, Messes, Miracles. Friday Feature is very simple: choose one of God's Promises from the 365Promises.com for this week. You can share whatever you want and however you'd like. You don't have to share their photo, but be sure you share the scripture. Share your reflection or just the Promise. Then claim it. Let Peggy know which one you choose either in the comments or give the link to your blog where you share it. The scriptures for July and a video of the pictures for July are listed on Peggy's blog. Please visit Peggy for more information about sharing your faith.
This is the scripture I am claiming today
Psalm 5:11
"I will blanket My protection
over all who trust in Me."
This past week God has once again answered my prayers and the prayers of some of you and others. My husband's heart went into Afib which is irregular heart beats and was admitted to the hospital early Wednesday morning. I remember a doctor or a nurse (not sure which) said they had 48 hours to get my husband's heart back in rhythm and it happened in less than 24 hours, to God be the glory. He was put on a coumadin drip to see if it would work and then put on a pill. He will have to have his blood checked every week. My prayer is that he will eventually be able to come off this medicine plus two others he's on. What they were trying to avoid is clots forming. He came home yesterday after lunch and seems to be doing fine.
The promise last Saturday was I John 4:18, "My perfect love will banish fear from your heart." Fear is something I have struggled with for years, fear of the unknown, fear of being by myself, etc. This is something I need to be set free from and that is why I chose the promise this week from Psalm 5:11. Following is what Barry Adams of 365 Promises.com wrote last week regarding fear.
"In 1 John 4:16, God Himself is described as the complete expression of love and then two verses later the Apostle John says that God's perfect love will violently throw out all fear from our hearts. The root of worry is fear. The root of insecurity is fear. Fear of man, fear of the future, fear of the present, fear of lack, etc. There are many things in this world that cause us to be afraid but God continually is telling His kids "Do not fear!"
I believe He says it 365 times in the Bible, one encouragement for every day of the year! What an amazing promise! Fear cannot co-habit with love. When love comes, fear is banished forever! God is love. Whoever lives in love, lives in God! Today, allow the perfect, complete love that flows from the heart of Almighty God to fill your heart to overflowing and fear will have no option but to flee in response." Written by Barry Adams.
Today I am claiming both verses Psalm 5:11 "I will blanket My protection over all who trust in Me." and
I John 4:18, "My perfect love will banish fear from your heart." Father, in the name of Your Son, Jesus, I claim these two verses and rebuke fear from my heart; I claim the love of God that I know is in my heart. I refuse to listen to the enemy so he has to flee now. I have just spoken this to my husband. We had a pastor years ago that told us that the enemy can put thoughts in your mind but he cannot read your mind, therefore, you have to speak out loud to him in the name of Jesus.

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
























Click 

9 comments:
I love this verse, I don't remember it for some reason, but it is just wonderful. I love how God's word pops out at us at the right time.
Praying for your hubby!
Blessings Alice,
Such perfect verses for you to claim and rest in the truth reflected in these verses!
What a beautiful testimony to see how God answers prayer!
"But let Alice who takes refuge in You be glad; let her and her husband ever sing for joy.
Spread Your protection over them,
that (because they)those who love Your name may rejoice in You."
I can see that cloud covering and blanketing you both in His arms of healing, strength and comfort. Calming just like these big white cumulus clouds... full and fluffy.
Standing on these promises in prayer for you. Watching as His love banishes all fear and fills you with His peace no matter what we have to face, because HE IS GOD and HE IS IN CONTROL (we are not).
We are weak, we are frail, but He gives us restoration, fills us with His strength and power, hope and love and JOY for another day on our journey.
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
That is wonderful that there are 365, one for every day of the year just on fear alone. (I only saw 266~ I'm a little short)but I believe you (and Barry). Look He found 365 different promises on many topics for us to enjoy all year. I really love this site. I noticed in the devotion that he wrote, "the root of worry...the root of insecurity... the root of... IS FEAR" Too many fears, fear of lack, fear of the unknown, fear of the future, fear of death, and the list can go on and on... but as you wrote so beautifully, perfect love casts out this and God's agape love for you, within you, has the power to tell the enemy he can't take this and you rebuked him... Yippee! OUT FEAR in Jesus Name...
OUT sickness in Jesus Name...
Because LOVE abides in this house, the love of God reigns supremely and no other thoughts can come in.
Praise God!
Praying for you and thanks for the beautiful prayers at the Lighthouse again for Beth, Karen and all... you are a precious saint and sister
Love,
Peggy
Beautiful verse Alice.
I'm so thankful your husband is okay and I will definitely be keeping you and he in my prayers. Must have been pretty scary feeling his heart jumping around like that? I hope and pray it all settles down and he is on the mend. Your verse speaking of a "blanket" of protection is really cool. I don't remember reading that before.
I'm thinking of you... holykisses from Arkansas
Such awesome news, Alice. And such encouraging and comforting Bible verses. Fear is one of the ongoing struggles for me as well, and like you - I keep myself surrounded with uplifting Bible verses and great praise and worship hymn songs and music and He uses those to keep my heart steady on Him. Thanks for these two verses. I have a file in Evernote of special verses I find at various places, along with the site, and I just put these there. PSalm 5:11 is such a lovely paraphrase of that verse. Thanks so much for sharing it and once again, PRAISING GOD MIGHTILY WITH YOU AND FOR YOU! :) :) :)
Beautiful, Alice!!
So many fears and anxieties in our lives that we tend to cling to...
But, He is waiting...waiting for us to give them to Him completely. His perfect love casts out fear.
And this is the way God wants us to live--completely dependent upon Him and His love for us.
Why do we find this so hard to grasp and hold onto sometimes? I'm thinking it's because we still want to have that sense of control in our lives.
My question to myself is this: Since God is perfect, His love for us is perfect, His plans are perfect, why am I struggling against this?
Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!!
Beth
Amen Alice!!
I´m late in commenting b-c it was an full last week of my kids at school before summer holiday!
I didn´t even now we choose the same promise vers...I still made an faith post yesterday....
So true when our mind and heart is flooded with thoughts of GOD´S LOVE towards us FEAR has to flee!!
I´m struggling also with it but when claiming Go´s Love for me and looking around me with HIS EYES i see so much of His Love...Amazing!!
Know i´m keeping you and your husband in my prayers
Blessings!!
Bernice
Amen. We have to speak out God's Word and follow the example of Jesus when he was tempted in the wilderness.
I hate fear. That spirit harassed me most of my life. I can relate ...
I'm so thankful your husband is OK. Hallelujah!
God bless you!
Beth
I worked as a cardiovascular nurse specialist in the past. I want to encourage you regarding your husband's condition from what I read. The biggest risk for people with atrial fibrillation is stroke. I was glad to read that he is on Coumadin which should help to prevent this. Be sure he has his blood checked (PT).
As far as fear, I've struggled with this too. However, I am learning to surrender it all to the Lord. He is sovereign and He is faithful and He is love.
I'm so glad you stopped by Heart Choices today so I could find you this evening.
Blessings and love,
Debbie
Happy to hear that God took care of your husband's heart.
Post a Comment