Monday, August 20, 2012

Music on Monday


Whispering Hope
Sung by
Haley Westernra


This song was written in 1868 by
Septmus Winner, an American
songwritter in the 19th century.

For more hymns and their origin, Peggy at Amazing Grace, Mazes, Messes, Miracles is doing a WOW - Worship on Wednesday focusing on hymns from a book, "Then Sings My Soul", Book 3 by Robert J. Morgan. You might want to visit her site on Wednesday as she goes more in depth about the hymns.

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Bless you Alice and I love your MOM so don't give up!

Just a quick comment and a thank you once again for your prayers at the LIGHTHOUSE and your update on AG. I was praying for your trip with traveling mercies, safety, grace and
a grand visit. So that was good to hear. I'm glad you're safely home
and I know how proud you all are of that awesome, precious GS. Rightly so.

I did not realize that I had not left a comment since early July, I was sure I listened to "He knows my name" (but I think that was when you had the delete problem, you know I'm not SPAM but maybe I was in there).

Yes, Blogger certainly has muddled everything up for us. Thanks for the WOW plug. I will be moving them to SONday in Sept. (not sure which day, I'll be doing them on later)!

"Whispering Hope" is much like "Softly and Tenderly". I think I love this more than mine. When we get to "W", LINK this one up. (lol) :0) Maybe you can find a way to choose MOM hymns for the letter I'm on and LINK UP. You always choose beautiful music so please continue. I usually just don't get a chance to sit and listen (nor do I like
headsets in the public cyber).

Yes, I do miss everyone, but since I did not have my laptop, I dropped my internet service and I really did need that extra money to keep me going (AC and fans daily). There's just never enough time. I also loved the violin duet and Dottie's lyrics... but not enough time to go and comment. Hope you are feeling better and doing well. I pray that your trip blessed you and warmed your spirit.
Love and hugs,
Peggy

Debra said...

Hello my friend!
This was absolutely gorgeous. I will come again to listen~thank you so much for posting it. I remember my grandma singing this song.
Love, Debra

From the Heart said...

Cathy has left a new comment on your post "Music on Monday":

That is so pretty. I used to play it on the piano. Love you ~

Unknown said...

I loved this! Hayley sure has a beautiful voice. As a singer myself, I just love a beautiful old hymn. I will have to check out your praise Wednesday more in the future.

Blessings,

Crystal

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors