Sunday, September 23, 2012

 


Happy 50th Anniversary to my Dear Husband

 

Fifty years ago on September 23, 1962, I married the love of my life, well the second love of my life, Jesus is my first love.  I can't say it's always been smooth, but for the most part God has always provided for us and kept us together "in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer until death do us part."  The picture above was made after the wedding.  With all of the health problems I've had he takes very good care of me and I thank God for him.  We have two beautiful daughters, one son-in-law, and two great grandchildren.  Thank you, Father, for always being with us and to God be the glory for 50 wonderful years of marriage to one man. Our daughters gave us a party along with several of my husband's brothers and their wives on Saturday night at a local restraurant.

I am happy to announce that our oldest daughter is getting married on November 17th to a wonderful man whom she has known over 20 years.  God has brought them together after all those years.  We are very happy for what God is doing in their lives.

To God be the glory for 50 years of marriage to one man.

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

14 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary my precious friend. 50 years is such a beautiful accomplishment, well done. Congrats to your dear daughter, very happy for her.

Leaon Mary said...

Oh Alice happy anniversary to you and your guy!!! :) I'm so happy for the two of you and congratulations to your daughter and her fiance!!! How exciting! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
(Thank you also dear Alice for visiting my friend Jeanie's new blog!) You are always such an encourager to us all!!
holykisses xoxo
Lea

Karen said...

What a wonderful milestone to celebrate! Congratulations to you and your husband...I hope you have many more years to create new memories...

Best wishes for the your daughter and future son in law...

Anonymous said...

Alice, what a wonderful celebration, many congratulations and sounds like a lovely family gathering. I can relate to "in sickness and in health" my hubby has been caring for me for a long time during health problems and without complaint. Thank you for your warm welcome, I look forward to getting to know you dear.
Love Jeanie xx

Alleluiabelle said...

Happy Anniversary sweet Alice. May God bless you with many more beautiful years together.

Your friendship has been and continues to be such a blessing to me even though I have been somewhat scarce on my blog over the past couple of months...far too many health issues going on but I am still here.

Love you to pieces,
Alleluiabelle

Debra said...

I'm so happy for your daughter!!! Wonderful news! And happy anniversary!!
Love you!
Debra

Cathy said...

50 years is a long time! Happy Anniversary wishes to you! I'm glad you had a nice party. Bless you, Dear

Unknown said...

This post was so sweet! I love reading real life love stories. My hubby and I are happily married for 12 years, and I pray we share our 50th as well! Your guy sounds like a real keeper! Happy Anniversary!

Debra said...

Just stopping by again to say I love you-hope all the computer issues are solved soon...

Mary Moss said...

How wonderful to be celebrating a "big" anniversary! Myhusband and I are at 38:-)

Blessings upon you and your family!

Debra said...

We are fine-the storm sorta fizzled out here-a little windy, but we still have power and it's not even raining right now. I prayed!!! God is very good (but good even through the storms!)
Love, Debra

GOD'S LADIE said...

Happy Anniversary and May GOD Bless Your marriage with many more years!!! What a blessing!

Debra said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear friend! God bless you and your family.

Karen said...

Congratulations to you and your husband!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors