Monday, May 25, 2009

God On the Mountain


This was one of the cards I did during my card ministry. Following are the words of the song. I also found a video of Lynda Randall, who wrote the song, and put it at the bottom of this post. I guess you can tell that I like the Gaither Homecoming Group. They sing the songs I grew up with and they really minister to me.

GOD ON THE MOUNTAIN

Life is easy when you're up on the mountain
And you've got peace of mind like you've never known.
But then things change and you're down in the valley.
Don't loose faith for you're never alone.

You talk of faith when you're up on the mountain.
But the talk comes so easy when life's at it's best.
But it's down in the valley of trials and temptations.
That's when faith is really put to the test.

Chorus
For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley.
When things go wrong, He'll make them right.
And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times.
The God of the day is still God in the night.
Written by Linda Randall



May the Lord who is your source of strength be always at your side. May He fill your heart with faith in Him and be your loving guide. Remember, "God on the mountain is still God in the valley".

"Every valley shall be exalted, and
every mountain and hill
shall be made low..." Isaiah 40:4




10 comments:

Mar said...

When I hear that song, Alice, I think of a dear friend named Katherine who sings it. She is the organist at the last church my husband pastored full time. She and I really enjoyed playing the organ and piano together. I learned a lot from her, an appreciation for Gospel music especially. I have always loved the Gaither music and lately my husband and I watch and enjoy all the Homecoming specials we can find on tv. What a blessing. Traditional music is priceless. Contemporary music is good and praise music is wonderful and should be part of every Christian's day. But there is something about the songs like this one that just warms the heart. Thanks for sharing.

Debra said...

Hi Alice,
Hope you are well-I'm glad your blog seems to be working. I did have trouble with it one time. I prayed!
Love, Debra

Leaon Mary said...

Hey there Alice!

I love the lyrics of this song... -- I'll listen to it as soon as I'm finished commenting. How great thou art is playing on your sidebar and I love that song as well.
I hope your computer is working better now!
That's a very beautiful card you have pictured.
The God of my mountain is the God of my valley! AMEN!

Mar said...

Alice, are you sure about Lynda Randle writing that song? I was thinking it was that older lady who used to sing it years ago. Cant remember the name......

Heaven said...

Alice, I love that saying. My mom always listens to the Gaithers, and when I hear them, it brings back great childhood memories. Thanks for sharing!

Heaven

Sharon said...

Loving those lyrics, I don't have mountains or valleys here in florida, but he forsure is the God of my ocean and the God of my streams, and if I were to travel North he then will also be my God of mountains and valleys.

Great post!!

The rains slowed us down on our painting so this weekend is suppose to be dry, Praise God, and we will get the back of the house at least sprayed out, we still have some touching up in the front to do, but we are getting there.

I planted my Garden this week, waiting for all the seeds to pop, probably won't start till next week sometime... Planted alot of flower blooming seeds to, in pots so I can keep them in the shade, so hot here ya know.

I pray all is going great your way and you are blessed beyond measure!
Huggggsss
Sharon

Edie said...

What a beautiful card Alice! The first thing I thought when I clicked over here was how much I liked that picture. :) I can see that you have a gift for a card ministry. :)

Thanks for checking in with me. You're so sweet.

I hope all is well with you.
Much love!

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
Come over and enter my giveaway and also recieve an award from my heart. Alice could you please let me know if my blog takes a long time to view. I had problems with the posts not showing only the sidebars. Thanks sis I appreciate your help.

Hugz Lorie

Toia said...

Thanks for sharing. It's deinitely easier to praise God on the mountain top than the valley. But the true test of faith comes when you have to praise Him in the valley, especially if you are in the lowest and deepest part.

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

You know, this is realy what I needed today.
My grandfather passed away and his funeral was a week ago today. My gram is in the hospital with some health issues as well.

I know He is in control but it doesn't hurt to be reminded of that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors