Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today is Thankful Thursday hosted by Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey. If you would like to join in, click on the above and go to her blog for directions.

My list of five things I am thankful for this week can go into one big Thank You to my Heavenly Father, my blogging friends, my family support, and my daughters for all the things everyone did to encourage me the last two weeks. My 88 year old cousin had a very bad stroke 3 weeks ago today and she died on September 1st. The most wonderful "thank you" is that the Father gave me an opportunity to pray with her, she kissed me on the cheek and I kissed her (which she had never done) several weeks before she had the stroke. When my husband and I left her house that night I told him I felt like I was saying "goodbye" to her and as it turned out I was. I feel that I will see her again someday.

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

6 comments:

Edie said...

Love you my friend. I'm so glad that God gave you both those special moments together before He took her home.

Mar said...

You know, Alice, we are blessed to have thankful hearts. It isnt for everyone to be thankful although everyone should be. And I am particularly thankful that you were given the gift of those last loving moments with your cousin. That is priceless. Someday I will share some of mine. God bless you today....

Edie said...

Hi Alice, I hope you are having a good weekend.

There is an award for you at my blog.

Much love!

Leaon Mary said...

I'm so thankful you had that special time together Alice.
It was a gift from God.

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
(((HUgz)) I am sory I haven't been visiting for awhile, still going through tests and the medications are so hard to take at times (ugh). Just did not make me feel like doing anything. But you brought a smile on my face when you came to visit this morning. Thanks for always thinking and praying for me.

Luv Ya Lorie

On Purpose said...

Alice thinking of you and your husband today...knowing that our God is taking GREAT care of you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors