Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday - Fruit of the Spirit


Today is Word Filled Wednesday sponsored by Amydeanne at 160 Acrewoods. The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word through a photo and a verse! If you would like to join us for Word Filled Wednesday, simply click on the link above for directions. Our hostess this week will be Christy at Critty Joy. (Just click on her name). You will find Mr. Linky there to sign in. 


"The fruit of the Spirit is
love, joy peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control.
Galations 5:22 (NIV)

In my Open Bible this is in two verses 5:22 and 23.  In verse 23 it also says
"Against such there is no law."  The picture is a bookmark given to me by my niece. In verse 24 it says "And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." 25 "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 "Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another."  I just felt I needed to add the "rest of the story". I apologize for being so late in posting this but due to some health issues of my own I sorta forgot what day it was. I would appreciate your prayers.
Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

11 comments:

Amydeanne said...

awww so cute! i love this verse it sure makes me check what fruit i'm doing

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Glad I stopped by.
Ginger

LeAnn said...

So cute! I love this art work with the verse.

Lisa said...

Wonderful verse, Alice and I love the photo. I'm praying your health improves right away! :O)

Critty said...

Adorable! Looks like a fabulous bookmark!

I can never be reminded of the fruits of the spirits enough as I try to learn to be more like those listed.

A wonderful reminder.

Happy WFW!

jo.attalife said...

What a beautiful illustration. Alice, I'm praying for you and your niece's husband. I'm so glad that in Christ we are one family, and through the 'net we get to meet other family members this side of heaven. God bless you all.

ozjane said...

That is a lovely clever graphic to go with those wonderful words.

Debra said...

The Lord had spoken to me about the fruit-working toward having more-so I was delighted to see this. I will pray. Are you ok??
I love you. Debra

Edie said...

I love that you filled in the rest of the story. We sometimes pick the part we like best and forget the rest. :)

I am praying for you.

Your pictures already enlarge when you click on them. When you upload a picture to your post editor it automatically makes it a link to the image in it's full size. :)

Alleluiabelle said...

Sweet Alice,

My prayers are with you sweet lady. I hope everything is okay. I love you and my arms are wrapped around you right now in one big hug and one sweet kiss on the cheek.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Leaon Mary said...

Very Sweet Alice.
I hope you're feeling better dear friend. I've been thinking of you and just prayed for you......

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors