This is an old Southern Gospel Song that the quartet my husband sang with years ago used to sing. I happened to hear some words that brought this song back to memory. He said it was written by Laverne Tripp. I realize that a lot of people do not relate to the southern gospel songs but they minister to my heart. I will put the lyrics below. May it bless you as it has me.
I Know
Written by Laverne Tripp
Some people say that this old time religion
Is just a thing of the past.
But in this modern age that we're living
It's the only thing that will last.
Now you may think that I'm a little old fashioned
Well, friend, that's all right with me.
But I'm so glad that I am a Christian
And from sin I have been set free.
CHORUS:
I know, I know, there's no doubt about it
He lives in my heart and I'm gonna shout it.
I know, I know, my sins are forgiven
And I'm on my way to a place that's called Heaven.
Not long ago at an old fashioned meeting
I fell on my knees there in prayer.
He lifted my burdens, sins shackles fell from me
And His presence was so real everywhere.
Now that the load I carried is lighter,
He's changed my gray skies to blue.
My steps are now higher and I have this assurance
That His sweet love will carry me through.
CHORUS:
Come go with me to that land over yonder
He's prepared for the pure and the true
It's a place where sickness and death cannot enter
I'm going, brother, how about you?
It may be today or may be tomorrow
He'll return in robes of pure white.
I'm packing up now getting my things together
Who knows, He might come tonight.
CHORUS:
Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Written by Laverne Tripp
Some people say that this old time religion
Is just a thing of the past.
But in this modern age that we're living
It's the only thing that will last.
Now you may think that I'm a little old fashioned
Well, friend, that's all right with me.
But I'm so glad that I am a Christian
And from sin I have been set free.
CHORUS:
I know, I know, there's no doubt about it
He lives in my heart and I'm gonna shout it.
I know, I know, my sins are forgiven
And I'm on my way to a place that's called Heaven.
Not long ago at an old fashioned meeting
I fell on my knees there in prayer.
He lifted my burdens, sins shackles fell from me
And His presence was so real everywhere.
Now that the load I carried is lighter,
He's changed my gray skies to blue.
My steps are now higher and I have this assurance
That His sweet love will carry me through.
CHORUS:
Come go with me to that land over yonder
He's prepared for the pure and the true
It's a place where sickness and death cannot enter
I'm going, brother, how about you?
It may be today or may be tomorrow
He'll return in robes of pure white.
I'm packing up now getting my things together
Who knows, He might come tonight.
CHORUS:

God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."






















Click 

6 comments:
Hello..The lyrics are great. I am not ashamed to be old-fashioned either. After all, how could it be weird to worship the Creator of the universe???
Love, Debra
Sweet Alice,
I love it...love you...love Him so completely.
I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better. I know about the vertigo thing. I have had two bouts of it this past year and ended up in the ER with it. I was walking off sideways and every time I bent over, I about fell over. LOL
My prayers are always with you. Love you so much my friend.
Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle
Hi Sis,
Thanks for checking on me.. you are soo sweet ((((hugz))) I'm doing okay , just busy preparing for our womens retreat. I haven't had a chance to blog this week. I'm glad you are doing better and that your PT is going good,
Luv ya
Dear Alice, I absolutely love these lyrics. Oh how much I hope that He would come tonight. I think I'm one of those few who just wants outta here already. That doesn't mean I'm not living on the way to living and serving him with passion for all, but how I want to see my Jesus and live in a pain free world. Even so now, come Lord Jesus, come.
Thanks for stopping by earlier. You made me smile with forgetting the coffee. I just realized you have another blog. Might stop by.
Have a lovely day.
Oh Alice, I stopped by to see if your WFW post was up yet but I was so blessed by the song that came up on your playlist--The Love of God. Mercy Me is one of my absolute favorite Christian bands. I am in tears. I needed to hear that today.
By the way, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but your wedding picture is so beautiful. What a blessing.
I'll come back later and don't worry, I usually take my time with WFW too some weeks. God's timing is perfect. ;)
I really like that. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment