Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday - Psalm 116:15


Today is Word Filled Wednesday sponsored by Amydeanne at 160 Acrewoods. The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word through a photo and a verse! If you would like to join us for Word Filled Wednesday, simply click on the link above for directions then join us at Internet Cafe, sign in on Mr. Linky so others can visit you and you will find others to visit.


Psalm 116:15
"Precious in the sight of the Lord
is the death of His saints."

Some of you may wonder why I chose this verse.  Those who read my blog know that two weeks ago two dear friends and one granddaughter died in a tragic plane crash.  I did not go to the funeral but watched it later on the internet.   The founding pastor of our church preached a sermon "Celebrating Life".  It was one of the best sermons I think I had ever heard him preach.  The lady was a very dear friend and of course we will miss them all.  Someone read what she wrote in her Prayer Journal that morning and the Pastor used it in his sermon.  The verse in Psalm 116:15 is what she wrote.  I can't remember what she wrote about that verse but I believe that somehow God was trying to tell her something.  I look forward to the day when I leave this world of pain and sorrow and welcomed into Heaven where there will be no more pain, sorrow or troubles of any kind.  It pays to be ready to meet our Maker for we do not know the day, or the hour that God will call us home to be with Him.

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this, Alice. How comforting our assurance is.

Love and blessings.

Denise said...

Amen sweetie, so very true. I love that picture, it comforts my heart.

Susan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to read about your friend's family.

What a comforting thought to know God gave her this word.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Wanda said...

My condolences to you. I was just telling my sister yesterday that I think God sends us messages but we don't always understand them at the time.

Karen said...

This was beautiful, Alice...

Cathy said...

Very beautiful ~ I'm sorry about your friend, Dear. Blessings ~

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Amen and AMEN! It's so hard for us to miss our loved ones, but I'm with you and Paul - For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Phil. 1:21 Praying for you and your family and friends!

Laurencita said...

Amen! sorry for your friends but I know they are now in good hands, no more pains and sorrow of any kind instead praising with the Lord Jesus.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors