Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday - Psalm 23:1


Today is Word Filled Wednesday sponsored by Amydeanne at 160 Acrewoods. The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word through a photo and a verse! If you would like to join us for Word Filled Wednesday, simply click on the link above for directions then join us at Internet Cafe, sign in on Mr. Linky so others can visit you and you will find others to visit.



Psalm 23:1
"The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.


One of the names of God is Jehovah-raah, the Lord my Shepherd. and because the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.  If you read the whole chapter of Psalm 23 you will know He provides everything for His sheep. Since we have accepted Him as our Lord and Savior, He is our Shepherd; therefore, we should not want for anything. To me that is so amazing and powerful. I would never want to be in any situation without my God Jehovah-raah, my Shepherd.
Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

11 comments:

Denise said...

So glad He is my Shepherd.

Amanda said...

Beautiful! I did a WFW a couple of weeks ago featuring the sheep theme of the Word.

I enjoyed your WFW! Blessings to you...

Joyfull said...

Psalms 23 is such a blessing. Thanks for the reminder of our Good Shepherd. Blessings to you!

Cathy said...

That is just beautiful, Dear. Did you hear the Psalm 23 music I wrote? It is on my blog recently and my music blog. Also I saw a really lovely video by Don Moen on Psalm 23, a new song.

Wanda said...

Psalms 23 was one of the first passages of scripture I learned as child. It's just amazing how the older I get, I seem to glean so much more from that passage. Happy WFW!

Amydeanne said...

this is my favorite verse!

Karen said...

Very beautiful, Alice....

Missie said...

beautiful wfw

Whidbey Woman said...

A nice reflection on a familiar verse! And the picture is so precious!!!!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Amen and AMEN! I love the background you give in this devotional. Such an encouragement. My favorite verse is Psalm 23: 4 but the whole Psalm is such a blessing. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Love this. What a good Shepherd we have. Thank you for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors