Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday - Matt. 19:26


Today is Word Filled Wednesday sponsored by Amydeanne at 160 Acrewoods. The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word through a photo and a verse! Click on the Internet Cafe, for more scriptures and pictures.


Matthew 19:26
".... with God all things are possible."

Jesus had been telling the rich young ruler how to have eternal life.  Most of the things he had done but when Jesus asked him to sell all he had, give it to the poor and follow Him, the young man walked away because he was not willing to do this.  Jesus told the disciples in verse 24 that it was "easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."  In verse 25, the disciples asked who could be saved?  Jesus tells them in the first part of verse 26, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

12 comments:

Aliene said...

Thanks for the Word. Always a blessing.

Aliene said...

Yes, I'm glad with God ALL things are possible. Thanks!

Peggy said...

Blessings Alice... Indeed they are possible with God! This precious candle lights our way to Jesus with the strength & encouragement of this scripture. Thank you for sharing & blessing me with your visit!
Peace in Christ,
Peggy

Alleluiabelle said...

I love you sweet Alice for your beautiful heart...the heart He designed just for you in praising Him in all of His glory.

You are such an inspiration and encouragement to me and I will forever hold you close to my mind and heart.

Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Ohhh, SUCH encouraging Bible verses for this lovely Word-Filled Wednesday. Thank you :)

Amydeanne said...

one of my fav. verses! amen!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! With God all things are possible. May we never forget it!

Anonymous said...

Love this, Alice. What a perfect reminder. Sigh...

Thanks for stopping by earlier. I love those Irving Berlin musicals with the great singing and dancing. One of my favorites is coming up--White Christmas. I watch it every year. It has become a tradition. I curl up on the couch and tell everybody to not interrupt. Blessings!

Whidbey Woman said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful, familiar and well-loved scripture. The imagery is so strong one can't help but get the message.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Praise God that all things are possible with Him.

Blessings,
Janis

Laurencita said...

Amen! with God nothing is impossible. thanks for sharing.

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Alice!!
I'm at the shop today but wanted to drop by your blog and say howdy! Love your wfw verse. You can't imagine how many times I've read that verse in the last 3 weeks!!! Thank you LORD!!!!!!!!!
Love you A LATTE!!
Have a great weekend!
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors