Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 8



Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

As always my thanks to my Heavenly Father is based on the scripture above in Ephesians.  I will be listing something that I am thankful for each day in November. Days 1-7 have been moved to Memes just under my header.

Day 8 - Today I am thankful for the Cross.  Hebrews 12:2 "looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Because of the cross upon which Jesus gave His life, we have the promise of forgiveness for our sins, eternal life in Heaven, and healing for our bodies by the stripes He bore upon His back. Jesus bled and died for everyone who will accept Him as their Saviour, live for Him proclaiming the Love of God, the return of Jesus to take us to Heaven, and the indwelling of the sweet Holy Spirit.  Thank you, Father, for the cross. I pray the song, The Old Rugged Cross, by The Gaither Vocal Band, will bless and touch your soul.


Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

3 comments:

Karen said...

That song is more beautiful today than the first time I remember hearing it...because the cross means more and more each day...wonderful post, Alice!

Peggy said...

Ohh my yes, we are so THANKFUL for that OLD RUGGED CROSS... Alice, what a beautiful message and song! I love
how Guy Penrod sings with the Gaither Vocal Band... and I echo what Karen has said so well, each day that cross means more and more for those of us who know Him! Many blessings and a great BIG HUG on a wonderful verse, song and message From the Heart!

Peggy
(So now you have to go and copy all the comments we wrote you hopefully in your email to where you moved all the list under memes...I would but I don't have a copy)!

Toia said...

Beautiful thankful posts!! Love it!! I know it's been awhile, but I will definitely be coming back to blogging very soon. Everything is great!! Hope you doing good....Blessings to you my sweet friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors