Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday - Proverbs 15:3


Today is Word Filled Wednesday sponsored by Amydeanne at 160 Acrewoods. The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word through a photo and a verse! If you would like to join us for Word Filled Wednesday, simply click on the link above for directions. Our hostess this week will be Susan at Forever His. You will find Mr. Linky there to sign in and others who have posted also. 


Proverbs 15:3
"The eyes of the Lord
are in every place,
Keeping watch on the evil
and the good."

I have been reading and studying the names of God in Kay Arthur's book, "Lord I Want to Know You".  The name this week is "El Roi, the God who sees, The omnipresent God is there, and His eyes are not shut.  He isn't asleep, unaware of all the circumstances He sees." (Quote by Kay Arthur). 

If you were mistreated or had an unhappy childhood or had a bad experience as a teenager, or maybe you were involved in an unhappy marriage that ended, you may think you will not let that happen to you again.  The knowledge I gained from this book is that all you need to do is go to "El Roi, the God who saw" and knew everything about your life and ask Him to help you to forgive whoever mistreated you, He will. Because He knows exactly what you've been through, He can help you to overcome the past and begin living the life you've always dreamed of and renew your relationship with God. I'm not good at writing but I pray that if this is you it will help you.
Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

15 comments:

Susan said...

Great word!! You are right.

I love that book by Kay Arthur!

Thanks so much for joining us today at WFW. Have a blessed day♥

Debbie Petras said...

There's nothing like learning more about the names of God to put life into perspective. We serve an awesome God who sees every detail of our lives and yet loves us. How special is that?

Blessings,
Debbie

Missie said...

Thank you for your WFW!

Amydeanne said...

hmmm funny i've been lost in this all week. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Glad you shared this on WFW. What an awesome God we serve. Nothing can hide from Him. How powerful that thought is.

Blessings!

Mar said...

And it is so comforting to know what God completely understands and is there to offer His shoulder, His support, His unconditional acceptance and lover. Sometimes we just NEED to hear that.

Mar

Cathy said...

Beautiful eyes ~ and I love that verse. Blessings ~

Pia said...

God sees everything. He can very well see anything and everything that is "hidden" He knows... that's the God we are serving.

those are beautiful set of blue eyes.

blessings...

Kaye Swain said...

Thank you for a lovely and very encouraging Bible verse and thought! :)

Laurencita said...

Thanks for sharing....

Edie said...

I love your insight into El Roi. Isn't it wonderful how God teaches who He is?

Love you!

Debra said...

You certainly ARE good at writing, and I'm the one who needed to read this post....thank you my dear friend!
I love you!
Debra

Leaon Mary said...

what a powerful scripture picture!
I'm doing the same book as you Alice!

ozjane said...

I too am reading a book on Praying the Names of God...Ann Spangler
I have always loved the names of God and I am so glad He is all seeing, all knowing and is everywhere.
Lovely eyes

Stephanie said...

I used to struggle with the fact that because God is all-powerful AND the God who sees... then WHY? If He knows what we have been through, then why did it happen? But one day, He showed me how His heart grieves over the suffering of His children... and that He is not the author of it but is there to carry us through. Psalm 10:14 says, "But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors