Monday, September 13, 2010

Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace

Photobucket

Peace, peace, wonderful peace, there is nothing like it. I've just finished my time reading God's Word and just worshiping Him in spirit and in truth.  My prayers also included all the requests that are listed on my blog under Prayer Request in the Navigation Bar and other requests that have come my way by email and verbally. In my prayer, I asked God to bestow peace upon everyone listed including my family and extended families who do not know Jesus as their Savior. During my time of worship of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I felt a peace come over me like I have never felt before and I just wanted to share it with my blogging friends.


Romans 5:1-2
1"Therefore, having been justified
by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 "through whom also
we have access by faith into this grace
in which we stand, and
rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

Following is a video by Dino Kartsonakis,
a well know pianist, playing the song
Wonderful Peace
Lyrics (listed below) by
W.G. Cooper and W.E. Connell


Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight!
Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;
In celestial like strains it unceasingly falls
O'er my soul like an infinite calm.

Chorus

Peace, peace, wonderful peace
Coming down from the Father above!
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray,
In fathomless billows of love!

What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace,
Buried deep in the heart of my soul;
So secure that no power can mine it away
While the years of eternity roll!

I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace
Resting sweetly in Jesus' control;
For I'm kept from all danger by night and by day,
And His glory is flooding my soul!

And I think when I rise to that city of peace,
Where the Author of peace I shall see.
That one strain of the song which the ransomed will sing,
In that heavenly kingdom will be:

Ah, soul! are you here without comfort and rest,
Marching down the rough pathway of time?
Make Jesus your Friend ere the shadows grow dark;
O accept of this peace so sublime!

"And the peace of God,
which passeth all understanding
shall keep your hearts and minds."
Phillippians 4:7
Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Blessings Alice... Such wonderful PEACE!!! every part of this beautiful post whispers His Peace in a beautiful way!!! Thank you... though I came for WFW, I could not resist listening and reading this. I guess God draws us to what we need from Him. This fills me up wonderfully!
Thank you!!!
Peace,
Peggy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors