Saturday, September 18, 2010

They That Wait Upon the Lord

Lyrics by Stuart Hamblen


I was reading someone's blog and they said something that really made me stop and think.  When we have finished our devotions and prayer, we should just sit and wait to see if God has something to tell us.  After reading that  and praying this morning, I was reminded of what was said and the song,"They That Wait Upon the Lord", and scripture below, came across my mind and felt the need to share this with those who visit my blog. If this is for you, may the Lord bless you.

Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

Ephesians 5:20: "giving thanks always for all things to
God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's timing is perfect -- unlike our, generally wanting "now". I've often grown impatient and eventually stopped waiting on the Lord, basically giving up on that particularly prayer request. Later (in some cases years later), there will come a direct SPOT ON answer to my prayer. haha -- foolish me -- when will I learn that it will happen in God's chosen time? I must ask God to provide me with patience and trust HIM to know the proper time!

Anonymous said...

"When we have finished our devotions and prayer, we should just sit and wait to see if God has something to tell us." Agree 100%. This is the most important of all during prayer and devotions--sitting still to hear His voice. It is the most precious to me. He always has something to tell us, we're just too much in a hurry at times. If we would see the value of His voice in our prayers and devotions, we'd speak less and listen more and nothing would be of more urgency to tend to.

Thank you for sharing, Alice.

Leaon Mary said...

Alice thanks for sharing that wonderful reminder. All too often, I'll pray, do my bible reading, and then move on too quickly. I'm gonna try to be more mindful to wait!!!
Thanks for the message at the shed. I'll be thinking of you!!!!
Love Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

CursorsFree Cursors